Oxford 2023-2024 BCL/MSCs/MJUR/MPHIL/MLF Applicants

caighdean

Didn't see one of these threads for this year's applicants so I thought I'd make one.

I'm applying for the BCL, ideally Magdalen College - how is everyone getting on with applications for this year?

[Edited by caighdean on Sep 21, 2022]

Didn't see one of these threads for this year's applicants so I thought I'd make one.

I'm applying for the BCL, ideally Magdalen College - how is everyone getting on with applications for this year?
miki3999

Hi, I'm (still) a current Oxford student, so feel free to ask questions about the process :) 

Hi, I'm (still) a current Oxford student, so feel free to ask questions about the process :) 
caighdean

Hey, thanks for this! Just wondering - in your personal statement, did you focus more on the university itself or on the teaching and courses? My current draft is pretty much exclusively about the courses so wondering if that might be a bit imbalanced.

[quote]Hi, I'm (still) a current Oxford student, so feel free to ask questions about the process :)&nbsp; [/quote]<br><br>Hey, thanks for this! Just wondering - in your personal statement, did you focus more on the university itself or on the teaching and courses? My current draft is pretty much exclusively about the courses so wondering if that might be a bit imbalanced.
miki3999

Hey, thanks for this! Just wondering - in your personal statement, did you focus more on the university itself or on the teaching and courses? My current draft is pretty much exclusively about the courses so wondering if that might be a bit imbalanced.

I focused on both myself and the course; it is important to link yourself with the course/teaching. For example, you decided to apply for the BCL because you think the unique tutorial system will allow to you to excel etc, this kind of stuff. Try to find what you like about the course and how you can benefit from that or why you think the course is great; the PS is essentially a cover letter. 

Send me your email and I will send my PSs through 

[Edited by miki3999 on Sep 29, 2022]

[quote][quote]Hi, I'm (still) a current Oxford student, so feel free to ask questions about the process :)&nbsp; [/quote]<br><br>Hey, thanks for this! Just wondering - in your personal statement, did you focus more on the university itself or on the teaching and courses? My current draft is pretty much exclusively about the courses so wondering if that might be a bit imbalanced. [/quote]<br><br>I focused on both myself and the course; it is important to link yourself with the course/teaching. For example, you decided to apply for the BCL because you think the unique tutorial system will allow to you to excel etc, this kind of stuff. Try to find what you like about the course and how you can benefit from that or why you think the course is great; the PS is essentially a cover letter.&nbsp;<br><br><br><br>Send me your email and I will send my PSs through&nbsp;

Reply to Post

Related Law Schools

Oxford, United Kingdom 869 Followers 847 Discussions