LLM for non-lawyers

Kaniyex
Hello,

I would like to get some feedback from previous and/or current LLM participants on the advantage of the LLM in International Business Law for non-lawyers.

I have a bachelor's in Political Science and am finishing a MBA. I think a law degree is a good way to stand out from the rest of the MBAs. Plus, it would make sense since I have a taste of law from my undergraduate degree in political science. I think a LLM looks more prestigious than a MSJ, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

I ultimately want to have a legal related job but in a corporate business environment, not a law firm or as a lawyer for a corporation. I am thinking something along the lines of a Corporate Secretary.

Now to which LLM is best to choose:

Do you think it is worth obtaining the LLM from University of London? Is the time and money factors worth the results for non-lawyers working in the business world?
How about University of Liverpool?
The only reason I am mentioning thse two is becuse they allow distance or online LLM which is crcial for me. How is Liverpool's reputation for its LLM?

I don't plan on sitting for any Bar exam anywhere in the world or be a practising lawyer.
I will plan on staying in the USA for work.

Thnak you for any suggestions and comments.
Hello,

I would like to get some feedback from previous and/or current LLM participants on the advantage of the LLM in International Business Law for non-lawyers.

I have a bachelor's in Political Science and am finishing a MBA. I think a law degree is a good way to stand out from the rest of the MBAs. Plus, it would make sense since I have a taste of law from my undergraduate degree in political science. I think a LLM looks more prestigious than a MSJ, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

I ultimately want to have a legal related job but in a corporate business environment, not a law firm or as a lawyer for a corporation. I am thinking something along the lines of a Corporate Secretary.

Do you think it is worth obtaining the LLM from University of London? Is the time and money factors worth the results for non-lawyers working in the business world?
The only reason I am mentioning thse two is becuse they allow distance or online LLM which is crcial for me. How is Liverpool's reputation for its LLM?

I don't plan on sitting for any Bar exam anywhere in the world or be a practising lawyer.

daneko
Hello,

I think it won't hurt for sure. Whether it helps or not I dont know as I have'nt seen too many non lawyers with LLM as a career maker
<blockquote>Hello,

Thnak you for any suggestions and comments.</blockquote>

I think it won't hurt for sure. Whether it helps or not I dont know as I have'nt seen too many non lawyers with LLM as a career maker

Reply to Post

Related Law Schools

London, United Kingdom 163 Followers 153 Discussions
Liverpool, United Kingdom 41 Followers 20 Discussions

Other Related Content

LL.M. Application Deadlines for Fall 2020 - Law Schools in the UK & Ireland

News Sep 30, 2019

Hot Discussions