LLM Osgoode Fees

llkrishll

Hello,

I am a Canadian studying law abroad and I am looking to apply for an LLM for 2016. Does anyone know why the domestic student fees at Osgoode is almost 3 times more than U of T? I understand that Osgoode offers a professional LLM but how much does it really differ from the traditional LLMs (either Thesis or Non-Thesis) that U of T (or McGill) offers? Like, what are the benefits of taking a professional LLM over a non-Thesis LLM?

Hello,

I am a Canadian studying law abroad and I am looking to apply for an LLM for 2016. Does anyone know why the domestic student fees at Osgoode is almost 3 times more than U of T? I understand that Osgoode offers a professional LLM but how much does it really differ from the traditional LLMs (either Thesis or Non-Thesis) that U of T (or McGill) offers? Like, what are the benefits of taking a professional LLM over a non-Thesis LLM?
ChrisB.

Do you want to be an academic? Otherwise, the professional Development at Osgoode (OPD) leading to a Master of Laws (LLM) degree is not going to advance your career. A professional LLM may be worth it if you either wish to improve your knowledge of a specific area of law or secondly to make you more marketable. It provides lawyers with graduate education. There is a difference between a professional LLM and an academic LLM. If your goal is an academic career, you may need a doctorate.

Do you want to be an academic? Otherwise, the professional Development at Osgoode (OPD) leading to a Master of Laws (LLM) degree is not going to advance your career. A professional LLM may be worth it if you either wish to improve your knowledge of a specific area of law or secondly to make you more marketable. It provides lawyers with graduate education. There is a difference between a professional LLM and an academic LLM. If your goal is an academic career, you may need a doctorate.

Reply to Post

Related Law Schools

Toronto, Canada 191 Followers 88 Discussions
Toronto, Canada 266 Followers 146 Discussions
Montréal, Canada 205 Followers 128 Discussions

Other Related Content

LL.M. Programs in Canada: Two Legal Systems, Affordably

Article Sep 15, 2015

Canada is luring students from all over the world with the promise of foreigner-friendly cities, inexpensive programs and a history of both civil and common law