Online/distance LLM

Azerty
Hi all,

Is anyone aware of an online/distance LLM that enables graduates to sit for the NY bar exam? I know Berkeley has one that gives access to the CA bar exam, but not the NY one.

Thanks
Hi all,

Is anyone aware of an online/distance LLM that enables graduates to sit for the NY bar exam? I know Berkeley has one that gives access to the CA bar exam, but not the NY one.

Thanks
chicken so...
An LLM in and of itself does not qualify one to sit the New York bar. They'll look primarily at your first law degree to see how it stacks up against ABA-accredited JD programs, and they'll tell you if you need additional study.

However, if they do ask you to pursue additional study, I'm pretty sure online programs will not cut the mustard.

No credit is allowed for distance, correspondence or external study or for an on-line program or course.

(from the NY bar website.)
An LLM in and of itself does not qualify one to sit the New York bar. They'll look primarily at your first law degree to see how it stacks up against ABA-accredited JD programs, and they'll tell you if you need additional study.

However, if they do ask you to pursue additional study, I'm pretty sure online programs will not cut the mustard.

[quote]No credit is allowed for distance, correspondence or external study or for an on-line program or course.[/quote]
(from the NY bar website.)

Reply to Post

Related Law Schools

Berkeley, California 1003 Followers 527 Discussions

Related Articles

Online LL.M. Programs: Learning from Afar, But Not Alone

By V. Wish on Nov 22, 2010

More Articles