Harvard 2020-2021

Hello everyone!

How are everyone's preparations going? :D
Hello everyone!

How are everyone's preparations going? :D
edx
Bad, already quite jaded after speaking to Harvard 19-20 LLM rejects. Admission bar is way too high. Does anyone know a good place (preferably online) to source precedent personal statements and letters of recommendation from successful applicants (apart from individual sourcing).
Bad, already quite jaded after speaking to Harvard 19-20 LLM rejects. Admission bar is way too high. Does anyone know a good place (preferably online) to source precedent personal statements and letters of recommendation from successful applicants (apart from individual sourcing).
benakal

Hey there, I'm also I'm trying to find some stats on the bar for the Harvard LLM! Why do you think its too high :/ what do the LLM Rejects say?

Is it the academic criteria, or the work / post-LLB criteria which makes it difficult?
[quote]Bad, already quite jaded after speaking to Harvard 19-20 LLM rejects. Admission bar is way too high. Does anyone know a good place (preferably online) to source precedent personal statements and letters of recommendation from successful applicants (apart from individual sourcing). [/quote]

Hey there, I'm also I'm trying to find some stats on the bar for the Harvard LLM! Why do you think its too high :/ what do the LLM Rejects say?

Is it the academic criteria, or the work / post-LLB criteria which makes it difficult?
chicken so...
It's Harvard, which is in many ways considered the best university in thew world. Of course it's going to be competitive.

Honesty, I wouldn't look too closely at other peoples' personal statements / letters of recommendations. These are all going to be highly personalized and based on each individual applicant's strengths and weaknesses.

You'd do better by looking closely at the qualitative stats of successful applicants, starting here for example:

https://llm-guide.com/schools/usa/massachusetts/harvard-law-school-hls/application-tracker

... compare your profile to those and see where your strengths and weaknesses are, and then develop your letters based on that. You can also use this info to brief your referrers.
It's Harvard, which is in many ways considered the best university in thew world. Of course it's going to be competitive.

Honesty, I wouldn't look too closely at other peoples' personal statements / letters of recommendations. These are all going to be highly personalized and based on each individual applicant's strengths and weaknesses.

You'd do better by looking closely at the qualitative stats of successful applicants, starting here for example:

https://llm-guide.com/schools/usa/massachusetts/harvard-law-school-hls/application-tracker

... compare your profile to those and see where your strengths and weaknesses are, and then develop your letters based on that. You can also use this info to brief your referrers.
lamilami5
Hi all!
I am applying for LLM at HLS :)
I obtained a 1st class degree in my LLB at University of London, and high 2.1 in LLM at University of Cambridge. Also, I have 1 year of full time work experience, and my August 2020 it will be two years! :)
Do you think that, despite the fact that I already hold another LLM degree, I might have chances of getting in?
Hi all!
I am applying for LLM at HLS :)
I obtained a 1st class degree in my LLB at University of London, and high 2.1 in LLM at University of Cambridge. Also, I have 1 year of full time work experience, and my August 2020 it will be two years! :)
Do you think that, despite the fact that I already hold another LLM degree, I might have chances of getting in?
lamilami5
Well, I just submitted my application!
Well, I just submitted my application!

Reply to Post

Related Law Schools

Cambridge, Massachusetts 1019 Followers 852 Discussions