USA v Canada

JDD
Any of you considering Canadian LLM too? McGill and Toronto seem to be very comparable, like top-10 American schools according to some recent rankings.

I only applied to American schools for the LLM (Yale, NYU, Columbia), but looking seriously at Canada for possible Phd (JSD or DCL). McGill has a great reputation and curriculum in international and comparative law. Toronto too seems to offer a great curriculum. Nice cities too, Montreal and Toronto.

I am thinking UT/McGill fit somewhere in the Columbia/UCBerkeley/UChicago range in terms of prestige-educational value and quality of life.

Thoughts?
Any of you considering Canadian LLM too? McGill and Toronto seem to be very comparable, like top-10 American schools according to some recent rankings.

I only applied to American schools for the LLM (Yale, NYU, Columbia), but looking seriously at Canada for possible Phd (JSD or DCL). McGill has a great reputation and curriculum in international and comparative law. Toronto too seems to offer a great curriculum. Nice cities too, Montreal and Toronto.

I am thinking UT/McGill fit somewhere in the Columbia/UCBerkeley/UChicago range in terms of prestige-educational value and quality of life.

Thoughts?
Arishka
Hi, I'm in the same boat. Hmm, sort of.
As a matter of fact, I have NEVER EVER heard of Canadian LL.M. before and was about to apply to U.S. programs only. Yet as soon as I incidentally came across some info on it - especially regarding their heavy research inclination - I changed my mind and the very last minute sent all my document to Vancouver and Montreal. Well, and to Penn as well, but I had some personal reasons to love Penn.
I'm also wondering why people are not really about Canada. Perhaps due to obscure prospects of landing a job or so... Anyway, since I take a keen interest in pursuing a scholar career, Canada meets all my expectations. On top of that, Canada is somewhat 5-10 times cheaper (50 some as compared to 7 some k/yr).
Btw, would you mind telling what country you are from?
Hi, I'm in the same boat. Hmm, sort of.
As a matter of fact, I have NEVER EVER heard of Canadian LL.M. before and was about to apply to U.S. programs only. Yet as soon as I incidentally came across some info on it - especially regarding their heavy research inclination - I changed my mind and the very last minute sent all my document to Vancouver and Montreal. Well, and to Penn as well, but I had some personal reasons to love Penn.
I'm also wondering why people are not really about Canada. Perhaps due to obscure prospects of landing a job or so... Anyway, since I take a keen interest in pursuing a scholar career, Canada meets all my expectations. On top of that, Canada is somewhat 5-10 times cheaper (50 some as compared to 7 some k/yr).
Btw, would you mind telling what country you are from?

Reply to Post

Related Law Schools

Montréal, Canada 184 Followers 122 Discussions
Toronto, Canada 209 Followers 131 Discussions

Other Related Content

The University of Toronto Updates its Global Professional LL.M. With New Concentration

News Apr 24, 2019

Hot Discussions