LSE Applications 2022-2023

chepdouti

Dear all,

Does anyone know whether we can put a work supervisor as a referee (say for instance a partner in a law firm who's an LSE alumni) or do they require strictly academic referees?

Thanks in advence!

Dear all,

Does anyone know whether we can put a work supervisor as a referee (say for instance a partner in a law firm who's an LSE alumni) or do they require strictly academic referees?

Thanks in advence!
sheyf

You could. I did that last time and got accepted. My application was for 2014/2015. 

You could. I did that last time and got accepted. My application was for 2014/2015. 
chepdouti

Thank you. How much work experience did you have by then? I'm wondering if they only accept professional references from people who had graduated a long time ago (which is not my case).

Thank you. How much work experience did you have by then? I'm wondering if they only accept professional references from people who had graduated a long time ago (which is not my case).

LSE's Supporting Documents page has the details on when it's OK to submit a professional reference.

Graduated after Jan 2020/ Current student: Academic references only

Graduated before Jan 2020: One professional reference accepted, preferably most recent employer

Graduated before Jan 2018: Two professional references accepted if you can't provide academic references.

They do re-state that it's in the applicant's interest to nominate academic referees wherever possible. I can't seem to paste the link into this box, but if you go to the LLM page, under "Assessing your Application" there is a link to "See further information on supporting documents".

LSE's Supporting Documents page has the details on when it's OK to submit a professional reference. <br><br>Graduated after Jan 2020/ Current student: Academic references only <br><br>Graduated before Jan 2020: One professional reference accepted, preferably most recent employer<br><br>Graduated before Jan 2018: Two professional references accepted if you can't provide academic references. <br><br>They do re-state that it's in the applicant's interest to nominate academic referees wherever possible. I can't seem to paste the link into this box, but if you go to the LLM page, under "Assessing your Application" there is a link to "See further information on supporting documents".<br>
sheyf

——————————

I had around 4-5 years of experience practising in a firm. 

[quote]Thank you. How much work experience did you have by then? I'm wondering if they only accept professional references from people who had graduated a long time ago (which is not my case). [/quote]<br><br><br>——————————<br><br>I had around 4-5 years of experience practising in a firm.&nbsp;

Reply to Post

Related Law Schools

London, United Kingdom 769 Followers 919 Discussions

Other Related Content

LL.M. Application Deadlines for Fall 2021 - Law Schools in the UK & Ireland

News Nov 23, 2020

LL.M. Applications: How (and Where!) to Get Great References

Article Dec 17, 2019

Who should you ask to be a reference? Why are they important?