Chances to get into Harvard, Stanford and Berkeley


The Counse...

I got acceptances from UPENN, UCLA, NORTHWESTERN, VIRGINIA, FORRDHAM AND BU,

What are my chances to enter to Harvard, Stanford, and Berkeley?

Need some advice!

Thanks so much!

I got acceptances from UPENN, UCLA, NORTHWESTERN, VIRGINIA, FORRDHAM AND BU,

What are my chances to enter to Harvard, Stanford, and Berkeley?

Need some advice!

Thanks so much!
quote
Jammin

Hi Counsel, I think you got a pretty good chances to get admitted to Berkeley, as I've been told that the selection process is similar to UPenn.
As you know better than me, SLS is a completely different story: just 30 places subdivided into two programs, different admission criteria, etc...so it is hard to tell!
As regards Harvard I think that the problem there is the competition since is for sure the law school that receives more applications.

Having said that, as you know I'm in a similar position to yours (got accept in few law schools: CLS, Chicago, Upenn, UVA, etc...and still waiting to hear from SLS and Harvard - I didn't apply to Berkeley). In this respect, I have strong doubts about SLS while I'm a little bit more positive about Harvard.

Anyway, what really bothers me is that I will probably have to accept CLS (my deadline is March 10th) without having heard from HLS and SLS...

Hi Counsel, I think you got a pretty good chances to get admitted to Berkeley, as I've been told that the selection process is similar to UPenn.
As you know better than me, SLS is a completely different story: just 30 places subdivided into two programs, different admission criteria, etc...so it is hard to tell!
As regards Harvard I think that the problem there is the competition since is for sure the law school that receives more applications.

Having said that, as you know I'm in a similar position to yours (got accept in few law schools: CLS, Chicago, Upenn, UVA, etc...and still waiting to hear from SLS and Harvard - I didn't apply to Berkeley). In this respect, I have strong doubts about SLS while I'm a little bit more positive about Harvard.

Anyway, what really bothers me is that I will probably have to accept CLS (my deadline is March 10th) without having heard from HLS and SLS...
quote
The Counse...

Thanks Miki,

Lets cross our fingers now!

Thanks Miki,

Lets cross our fingers now!
quote
michaelcor...

what really bothers me is that I will probably have to accept CLS (my deadline is March 10th) without having heard from HLS and SLS...


hi miki, congrats on your admissions! i was curious though, will you be able to withdraw from CLS if you later receive an admission from another school that you prefer over CLS?

congrats to Counsel as well on your admissions.

good luck to the both of you!

<blockquote>what really bothers me is that I will probably have to accept CLS (my deadline is March 10th) without having heard from HLS and SLS...
</blockquote>

hi miki, congrats on your admissions! i was curious though, will you be able to withdraw from CLS if you later receive an admission from another school that you prefer over CLS?

congrats to Counsel as well on your admissions.

good luck to the both of you!
quote
Lucky

My deadline to accept CLS is March 10 as well. What I'll do it that I'll pay the $500 to reserve my place and if I'll get another better offer I will just lose this money.....

It is not ideal but I do not want to risk my place there

My deadline to accept CLS is March 10 as well. What I'll do it that I'll pay the $500 to reserve my place and if I'll get another better offer I will just lose this money.....

It is not ideal but I do not want to risk my place there
quote
Jammin

I will probably do the same....althought (beside the money) is not very respectful to other candidates

I will probably do the same....althought (beside the money) is not very respectful to other candidates
quote
hobbes1111

I am in a similar situation. Do you think it would help to push the law schools for which admission decision we are waiting a little bit by telling them about our situation? or would this be rather counterproductive?


I am in a similar situation. Do you think it would help to push the law schools for which admission decision we are waiting a little bit by telling them about our situation? or would this be rather counterproductive?
quote
Inactive User

Same probleme, I have to answer to NYU for the scholarship and they want me to withdraw all future offers of admission from other universities...
Do u think I should wait for HLS ? and accept the risk of loosing the scholarship?

Same probleme, I have to answer to NYU for the scholarship and they want me to withdraw all future offers of admission from other universities...
Do u think I should wait for HLS ? and accept the risk of loosing the scholarship?
quote

My guess would be that you can explain your situation to the Dean of the Law School were you are applying. In the email I got from Chicago it was even expressly stated. (and by the way they all know you are applying to different universities.)

My guess would be that you can explain your situation to the Dean of the Law School were you are applying. In the email I got from Chicago it was even expressly stated. (and by the way they all know you are applying to different universities.)
quote

Reply to Post

Related Law Schools

Cambridge, Massachusetts 1179 Followers 891 Discussions
Stanford, California 805 Followers 398 Discussions
Berkeley, California 1249 Followers 588 Discussions

Other Related Content

Dec. 3 Conference Focuses on LL.M. Insights

News Dec 01, 2021

Finals

Blog In UC Berkeley LL.M. 2021-2022 on Jan 15, 2022

Hot Discussions