Acceptance deadlines and outstanding applications


nar

Hello all,

I'm a foreign applicant who is planning to do a Masters in the US this year. So far, I've been waitlisted by Chicago and accepted by Cornell and UPenn. My deadlines for acceptance for both schools is April 1.

My first choice was Columbia and I also applied to NYU, neither of whom have replied as yet.

I really do not want to pay the non-refundable fee for either Cornell or UPenn (or both) and then get into Columbia and have to switch.

I did not apply for an expedited review as I thought that they would get back to me by April 1st. Given the deadlines, what should do I do?

Anticipatory thanks.

Hello all,

I'm a foreign applicant who is planning to do a Masters in the US this year. So far, I've been waitlisted by Chicago and accepted by Cornell and UPenn. My deadlines for acceptance for both schools is April 1.

My first choice was Columbia and I also applied to NYU, neither of whom have replied as yet.

I really do not want to pay the non-refundable fee for either Cornell or UPenn (or both) and then get into Columbia and have to switch.

I did not apply for an expedited review as I thought that they would get back to me by April 1st. Given the deadlines, what should do I do?

Anticipatory thanks.
quote

Hello all,

I'm a foreign applicant who is planning to do a Masters in the US this year. So far, I've been waitlisted by Chicago and accepted by Cornell and UPenn. My deadlines for acceptance for both schools is April 1.

My first choice was Columbia and I also applied to NYU, neither of whom have replied as yet.

I really do not want to pay the non-refundable fee for either Cornell or UPenn (or both) and then get into Columbia and have to switch.

I did not apply for an expedited review as I thought that they would get back to me by April 1st. Given the deadlines, what should do I do?

Anticipatory thanks.


I'd rather stick with one of the options that you already have than risking your seat in both. A bird in hand is worth two in the bush.

<blockquote>Hello all,

I'm a foreign applicant who is planning to do a Masters in the US this year. So far, I've been waitlisted by Chicago and accepted by Cornell and UPenn. My deadlines for acceptance for both schools is April 1.

My first choice was Columbia and I also applied to NYU, neither of whom have replied as yet.

I really do not want to pay the non-refundable fee for either Cornell or UPenn (or both) and then get into Columbia and have to switch.

I did not apply for an expedited review as I thought that they would get back to me by April 1st. Given the deadlines, what should do I do?

Anticipatory thanks.</blockquote>

I'd rather stick with one of the options that you already have than risking your seat in both. A bird in hand is worth two in the bush.
quote
lml

Hello all,

I'm a foreign applicant who is planning to do a Masters in the US this year. So far, I've been waitlisted by Chicago and accepted by Cornell and UPenn. My deadlines for acceptance for both schools is April 1.

My first choice was Columbia and I also applied to NYU, neither of whom have replied as yet.

I really do not want to pay the non-refundable fee for either Cornell or UPenn (or both) and then get into Columbia and have to switch.

I did not apply for an expedited review as I thought that they would get back to me by April 1st. Given the deadlines, what should do I do?

Anticipatory thanks.

Hi, nar. I think you should request an expedited review of your application, only if you feel that you have real chances to be admitted. The other option is asking for an extension of the deadlines in those law schools that have accepted you.

Good luck!

<blockquote>Hello all,

I'm a foreign applicant who is planning to do a Masters in the US this year. So far, I've been waitlisted by Chicago and accepted by Cornell and UPenn. My deadlines for acceptance for both schools is April 1.

My first choice was Columbia and I also applied to NYU, neither of whom have replied as yet.

I really do not want to pay the non-refundable fee for either Cornell or UPenn (or both) and then get into Columbia and have to switch.

I did not apply for an expedited review as I thought that they would get back to me by April 1st. Given the deadlines, what should do I do?

Anticipatory thanks.</blockquote>
Hi, nar. I think you should request an expedited review of your application, only if you feel that you have real chances to be admitted. The other option is asking for an extension of the deadlines in those law schools that have accepted you.

Good luck!
quote

Hello all,

I'm a foreign applicant who is planning to do a Masters in the US this year. So far, I've been waitlisted by Chicago and accepted by Cornell and UPenn. My deadlines for acceptance for both schools is April 1.

My first choice was Columbia and I also applied to NYU, neither of whom have replied as yet.

I really do not want to pay the non-refundable fee for either Cornell or UPenn (or both) and then get into Columbia and have to switch.

I did not apply for an expedited review as I thought that they would get back to me by April 1st. Given the deadlines, what should do I do?

Anticipatory thanks.

Hi, nar. I think you should request an expedited review of your application, only if you feel that you have real chances to be admitted. The other option is asking for an extension of the deadlines in those law schools that have accepted you.

Good luck!


Nar could do that, however, we have to be realistic. The two acceptance deadlines are approaching! (Friday) So I believe Nas should accept one of them. Moreover, many people have been placed in the waitlist of UPenn and Cornell and would pay everything to have the opportunity to enroll in one or the other. Therefore, Nar, if I were you I'd enroll in one of those and if then
Columbia accepts you, you decline. Crystal clear.

<blockquote><blockquote>Hello all,

I'm a foreign applicant who is planning to do a Masters in the US this year. So far, I've been waitlisted by Chicago and accepted by Cornell and UPenn. My deadlines for acceptance for both schools is April 1.

My first choice was Columbia and I also applied to NYU, neither of whom have replied as yet.

I really do not want to pay the non-refundable fee for either Cornell or UPenn (or both) and then get into Columbia and have to switch.

I did not apply for an expedited review as I thought that they would get back to me by April 1st. Given the deadlines, what should do I do?

Anticipatory thanks.</blockquote>
Hi, nar. I think you should request an expedited review of your application, only if you feel that you have real chances to be admitted. The other option is asking for an extension of the deadlines in those law schools that have accepted you.

Good luck!</blockquote>

Nar could do that, however, we have to be realistic. The two acceptance deadlines are approaching! (Friday) So I believe Nas should accept one of them. Moreover, many people have been placed in the waitlist of UPenn and Cornell and would pay everything to have the opportunity to enroll in one or the other. Therefore, Nar, if I were you I'd enroll in one of those and if then
Columbia accepts you, you decline. Crystal clear.
quote
uihh

Check if you could not accept the offer by paying some amount of money and then reject it later on, but loose that money. It might be worth it in some cases.

Check if you could not accept the offer by paying some amount of money and then reject it later on, but loose that money. It might be worth it in some cases.
quote
nar

Hey all,

Thanks for the advice guys, I ended up paying the deposits for both schools on Friday, April 1. I received admission from Columbia on Tuesday, April 5.

Unfortunately, no financial aid from Columbia so that is a consideration for my final choice which I will be making in a day or two (most likely Columbia).

Thanks again.

Hey all,

Thanks for the advice guys, I ended up paying the deposits for both schools on Friday, April 1. I received admission from Columbia on Tuesday, April 5.

Unfortunately, no financial aid from Columbia so that is a consideration for my final choice which I will be making in a day or two (most likely Columbia).

Thanks again.
quote

Reply to Post

Related Law Schools

Chicago, Illinois 672 Followers 342 Discussions
Ithaca, New York 589 Followers 337 Discussions
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 979 Followers 511 Discussions
New York City, New York 1615 Followers 1084 Discussions
New York City, New York 2333 Followers 1664 Discussions

Other Related Content

EducationUSA LL.M. Tour Touches Down in Europe and Turkey

News Oct 24, 2023