Oxford BCL/MJur 2019-2020

charlielim
Don't know how to feel about this haha...
"by next Friday" means that we could hear from them on Monday while "We aim to" entails that we could wait for more than another week

This is peak overanalysis and I love it lol.
[quote]Don't know how to feel about this haha...
"by next Friday" means that we could hear from them on Monday while "We aim to" entails that we could wait for more than another week[/quote]

This is peak overanalysis and I love it lol.
Louise96
Thanks for all the informations! Really hope we'll get some news today but I doubt it. Good luck for the wait everyone!

[Edited by Louise96 on Mar 15, 2019]

Thanks for all the informations! Really hope we'll get some news today but I doubt it. Good luck for the wait everyone!
I have a query regarding the MLF.

I have applied for the BCL but not the MLF.

Assuming my application for the BCL is successful, do you think there is any possibility of switching to the MLF? (I am not sure I would do this, however I am starting to think that “prestige of BCL”, is not a valid reason to choose it over the MLF.

Studying the MLF could potentially put me in a better place for the MPhil, as I would have developed some quant skills.

The two week wait is agony! I
I have a query regarding the MLF.

I have applied for the BCL but not the MLF.

Assuming my application for the BCL is successful, do you think there is any possibility of switching to the MLF? (I am not sure I would do this, however I am starting to think that “prestige of BCL”, is not a valid reason to choose it over the MLF.

Studying the MLF could potentially put me in a better place for the MPhil, as I would have developed some quant skills.

The two week wait is agony! I

Hi! Does anyone know if Oxford gives the scholarship decisions alongside the admissions or do they defer that for later?
Hi! Does anyone know if Oxford gives the scholarship decisions alongside the admissions or do they defer that for later?
Louise96
Usually they defer that for later, and it is also the case for the college decisions ! Not sure of the exact times though
Usually they defer that for later, and it is also the case for the college decisions ! Not sure of the exact times though
charlielim
It seems Oxford BCL/Mjur are the only programs with no decisions yet haha.
It seems Oxford BCL/Mjur are the only programs with no decisions yet haha.
Louise96
fingers crossed! maybe we'll have some news on Monday!
Maccie

In any event, we’ll have news before Friday; so the end is near. If they take 3 days to roll out all decisions like last year, we can expect it to begin around Wednesday?
[quote]fingers crossed! maybe we'll have some news on Monday![/quote]

In any event, we’ll have news before Friday; so the end is near. If they take 3 days to roll out all decisions like last year, we can expect it to begin around Wednesday?
Louise96

Yes, I think I'm too optimistic for Monday.... I agree with you, we can expect for some news around Wednesday!
[quote][quote]fingers crossed! maybe we'll have some news on Monday![/quote]

In any event, we’ll have news before Friday; so the end is near. If they take 3 days to roll out all decisions like last year, we can expect it to begin around Wednesday?[/quote]
Yes, I think I'm too optimistic for Monday.... I agree with you, we can expect for some news around Wednesday!
charlielim
For MJur applicants, Oxford released the admission statistics for the past 3 years in an FOI request. Just killing time here lol

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/548009/response/1311801/attach/html/3/Yousafi%20Attachment.pdf.html

[Edited by charlielim on Mar 17, 2019]

For MJur applicants, Oxford released the admission statistics for the past 3 years in an FOI request. Just killing time here lol

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/548009/response/1311801/attach/html/3/Yousafi%20Attachment.pdf.html
Maccie

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/548009/response/1311801/attach/html/3/Yousafi%20Attachment.pdf.html[/quote]

Since they're offering 50 places this year, I am assuming they will make around 85 offers (as in the past years where they had 50 places), so that's around 22% of offers. I guess that's something for those who find comfort in numbers!
[quote]For MJur applicants, Oxford released the admission statistics for the past 3 years in an FOI request. Just killing time here lol

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/548009/response/1311801/attach/html/3/Yousafi%20Attachment.pdf.html[/quote]

Since they're offering 50 places this year, I am assuming they will make around 85 offers (as in the past years where they had 50 places), so that's around 22% of offers. I guess that's something for those who find comfort in numbers!
F_Cvl
No news as of today?
No news as of today?
No news today:( uncertainty continues..
No news today:( uncertainty continues..
No news, and the agony of the wait intensifies further....
No news, and the agony of the wait intensifies further....
No news!
No news!
charlielim
It's still 5:18 am in Oxford. Another day of waiting awaits us lol.
Maccie

In the words of legal writer DJ Khaled, ‘another one’. Hopefully, the BCL applicants hear today so that us MJur students can hear tomorrow!
[quote]It's still 5:18 am in Oxford. Another day of waiting awaits us lol. [/quote]

In the words of legal writer DJ Khaled, ‘another one’. Hopefully, the BCL applicants hear today so that us MJur students can hear tomorrow!
I thought we’d have heard by now. Suspect it might not be utilised tomorrow afternoon now. Very sad
I thought we’d have heard by now. Suspect it might not be utilised tomorrow afternoon now. Very sad
charlielim
Maybe Oxford doesn't really exist and we've been scammed of our application fees by some fly by night school, which is really a year old, instead of 1000 years as advertised. And the owner of the school is probably vacationing in Southeast Asia, impervious to our suffering and enjoying his tenth tequilla shot, laughing at all the gullible lawyers around the world he tricked.
Maybe Oxford doesn't really exist and we've been scammed of our application fees by some fly by night school, which is really a year old, instead of 1000 years as advertised. And the owner of the school is probably vacationing in Southeast Asia, impervious to our suffering and enjoying his tenth tequilla shot, laughing at all the gullible lawyers around the world he tricked.

Reply to Post

Related Law Schools

Oxford, United Kingdom 696 Followers 775 Discussions