Many law schools are offering the opportunity to visit their campuses this fall, allowing LL.M. applicants to get a better sense of whether a school is the right fit for them.
Some schools' recruitment teams also travel around the country - and some internationally - to meet prospective students. Many schools have already announced dates for these events.
Here you will find info session details from the most-viewed law schools on LLM-Guide.com.
- Off-campus sessions (including dates in Asia, Europe and South America)
- Prospective students can also schedule a visit
Stanford Law School
- On-site visits available
University of California, Berkeley Law
- Law School tours taking place on November 17, followed by applicant info sessions with the Dean of Admissions
- The admissions team is also represented at many fairs and panels across the US
Columbia Law School
- Self-guided tours are welcome on a drop-in basis during office hours (Monday-Friday, 9.00am-5.00pm)
- Their visitation program – including a tour of the law school and the opportunity to visit classes and the law library – will be held: November 9, November 22, December 7, January 11 2018, and February 1, 2018.
Georgetown University Law Center
- Information sessions are scheduled occasionally. Check the school website for updates.
- On-campus info sessions on November 17 and December 8
- Harvard hosts online info sessions. Dates will be posted on their website
- They also hold external info sessions at other university campuses across the country
University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
- Info sessions are posted on a rolling calendar of events on their website. Includes fairs within and outside the US.
University of Pennsylvania – Penn Law
- The final info session will be held on November 6. This includes a student-led tour, a class visit and a Q&A with an admissions staff member. Registration required.
George Washington University Law School
- Info session dates will be published on the school’s calendar. They usually take place in the fall and winter leading up to a program beginning the following fall.
University of Southern California (USC) – Gould School of Law
- See a list of upcoming admissions visits and events in Asia and Europe. There you can also schedule a meeting with an admissions advisor, either on Skype or on campus in Los Angeles.
- Register for one of their daily campus visits on their events calendar
- Student-led campus tours run daily during the week, as well as some Saturdays.
- It is also possible to register to visit a class or request an on-campus interview (https://admissions.yale.edu/tours).
Northwestern University – Pritzker School of Law
- Daily tours during the semester, as well as class visits, are available – register here.
- For those unable to visit in person, the law school offers a virtual tour on its website.
Fordham University School of Law
- Make an appointment to visit the school on their website
University of Notre Dame Law School
- During the fall, school visits are available Mondays, Wednesday and Fridays. These include a class visit, info session and tour of the school, plus optional Career Development Office info session and campus tour.
Cornell Law School
- Call to make an appointment for a school tour or class visit. More info here
- The Cornell Law School recruiting team will be represented at law school fairs around the country. The schedule is on their website
University of Chicago Law School
- Open House on November 20, including a school tour, class visit, and meet with students, faculty and staff. RSVP here
Duke University School of Law
- Register for visits and guided tours on their website. There it is also possible to see a schedule of classes open for visitors.
University of Oregon School of Law
- Prospective LL.M. applicants can register to arrange a visit.
- The school will also be attending LSAC Law School Forums in San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Boston in November.
University of Washington School of Law
- Prospective LL.M. and MJ students can visit the law school and schedule a tour by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online LL.M. info session will be held on December 1.
- Master of Jurisprudence info sessions will be hosted on November 7, January 18, and February 20
- The school will also be attending LSAC forums
Image: Saturday night (Cornell law library) by liloh CC BY 2.0 (cropped)