For students considering applying to law schools for programs beginning in fall 2017, many law schools offer the opportunity to visit campus this fall.
Some schools' recruitment teams also travel around the country - or even across the world - to meet prospective students, and are already posting dates for these events.
Here you will find info session details from the 20 most-viewed law schools on LLM-Guide.com.
- Off-campus sessions (including dates in Asia, Europe and South America)
- Prospective students can also schedule a visit
Stanford Law School
- On-site visits available
University of California, Berkeley Law
- Law School tours taking place on October 21 and December 2, followed by applicant info sessions with the Dean of Admissions
- The admissions team is also represented at many fairs and panels across the US
Columbia Law School
- Self-guided tours are welcome on a drop-in basis during office hours
- Their visitation program – including a tour of the law school and the opportunity to visit classes and the law library – will be held: October 10, October 25, November 10, November 23, December 8, January 12 and February 1
Georgetown University Law Center
- Information sessions available from time-to-time. Dates will be posted on their website
- On-campus info sessions on October 7, November 18, December 16
- Harvard hosts online info sessions. Dates will be posted on their website
- They also hold external info sessions at other university campuses across the country
University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
- Info sessions are posted on a rolling calendar of events on their website
University of Pennsylvania – Penn Law
- Info sessions will be held on October 7, 17, 22, 31 and November 7. These include a student-led tour, a class visit and a Q&A with an admissions staff member. Registration required.
George Washington University Law School
- Info session dates will be published on the school’s calendar. They usually take place in the fall and winter leading up to a program beginning the following fall.
University of Miami School of Law
- October 16, 'Preview the U' info session
University of Southern California (USC) – Gould School of Law
- See a list of upcoming admissions visits and events in Southern California and abroad.
- Register for one of their daily campus visits on their events calendar
- Student-led campus tours run daily during the week, as well as some Saturdays.
- It is also possible to register to visit a class
Northwestern University – Pritzker School of Law
- Daily tours during the semester, as well as class visits, are available – register here
- For those unable to visit in person, the law school offers a virtual tour on its website
Fordham University School of Law
- Make an appointment to visit the school on their website
University of Notre Dame Law School
- During the fall, school visits are available Mondays, Wednesday and Fridays. These include a class visit, info session and tour of the school, plus optional Career Development Office info session and campus tour.
Cornell Law School
- Call to make an appointment for a school tour or class visit. More info here
- The Cornell Law School recruiting team will be represented at law school fairs around the country. The schedule is on their website
University of Chicago Law School
- Open House on October 31 and November 21, including a school tour, class visit, and meet with students, faculty and staff. RSVP here
- Visits are also possible outside these times
Duke University School of Law
- Register for visits and guided tours on their website. There it is also possible to see a schedule of classes available for visiting.
American University – Washington College of Law
- The school offers a weekly program of visits and information sessions – including evening options – during the semester. See the schedule and RSVP on their website
Image: Saturday night (Cornell law library) by liloh CC BY 2.0 (cropped)