UCLA USC Admissions


Inactive User

quote

Come down.......these people may receive hundreds of e mails asking so many questions and...they have always said that it could be in mid March or even in April.......we may want to receive an answer but.....relax....

Come down.......these people may receive hundreds of e mails asking so many questions and...they have always said that it could be in mid March or even in April.......we may want to receive an answer but.....relax....
quote
Inactive User

quote
Medland

I managed to get through on the phone.

They said decisions should be released in the coming weeks (March/April). They also mentioned that if you have another deadline, just to let them know a week or two before and they would do their best to give an expedited decision.

hope this is helpful,

Medland

I managed to get through on the phone.

They said decisions should be released in the coming weeks (March/April). They also mentioned that if you have another deadline, just to let them know a week or two before and they would do their best to give an expedited decision.

hope this is helpful,

Medland
quote
iwtlic

I managed to get through on the phone.

They said decisions should be released in the coming weeks (March/April). They also mentioned that if you have another deadline, just to let them know a week or two before and they would do their best to give an expedited decision.

hope this is helpful,

Medland


Do you think asking for an "expedited decision" could affect one's chances - in either way - at all?

<blockquote>I managed to get through on the phone.

They said decisions should be released in the coming weeks (March/April). They also mentioned that if you have another deadline, just to let them know a week or two before and they would do their best to give an expedited decision.

hope this is helpful,

Medland</blockquote>

Do you think asking for an "expedited decision" could affect one's chances - in either way - at all?
quote
Aky

AI don't think so, but as for myself, I prefer not to take the risk.
I will leave it to the regular procedure :)

AI don't think so, but as for myself, I prefer not to take the risk.
I will leave it to the regular procedure :)
quote
Spikee7288...

I sincerely hope not. But one should not take advantage of this offer anyway unless it is inevitable.

I sincerely hope not. But one should not take advantage of this offer anyway unless it is inevitable.
quote

AI don't think so, but as for myself, I prefer not to take the risk.
I will leave it to the regular procedure :)


I agree.....!!!

<blockquote>AI don't think so, but as for myself, I prefer not to take the risk.
I will leave it to the regular procedure :)</blockquote>

I agree.....!!!
quote
Elisabet

I have to pay the deposit for USC before March 15th, and it is very unlikely that UCLA will have answered by that time.

Even though I am really excited for USC I would like to have the opportunity to choose between the schools.

I really don't know what to do. Is there anyone in the same situation?

I have to pay the deposit for USC before March 15th, and it is very unlikely that UCLA will have answered by that time.

Even though I am really excited for USC I would like to have the opportunity to choose between the schools.

I really don't know what to do. Is there anyone in the same situation?
quote
Aky

I am in the same situation. I have made the $500 deposit to USC.
I don't know if I will have admission to Penn Law, UCLA, etc. but USC is still an excellent university, and I have secured my seat, just in case.

See it that way: Compared to the cost of a LLM (tuition + travel + housing + living expenses etc.), $500 is nothing. After your LLM degree (and the Bar if you take the examination), you will earn those $500 pretty fast.

So, $500 is the price for safety, caution and prudence.
Even if I don't go to other Law School, I know I will be more than happy, and really delighted, to go to such university as USC.

By the way, I hope they would give me a scholarship, this would really help me to decide for sure, and also help me for the following year (because of all the expenses)

I am in the same situation. I have made the $500 deposit to USC.
I don't know if I will have admission to Penn Law, UCLA, etc. but USC is still an excellent university, and I have secured my seat, just in case.

See it that way: Compared to the cost of a LLM (tuition + travel + housing + living expenses etc.), $500 is nothing. After your LLM degree (and the Bar if you take the examination), you will earn those $500 pretty fast.

So, $500 is the price for safety, caution and prudence.
Even if I don't go to other Law School, I know I will be more than happy, and really delighted, to go to such university as USC.

By the way, I hope they would give me a scholarship, this would really help me to decide for sure, and also help me for the following year (because of all the expenses)
quote
Elisabet

Thank you Aky. I am also really excited about USC and the people there seem to be very helpful. Someone even called me to ask if I had any questions, which I think is really nice.

Does it have any consequences if you pay the deposit and then end up going to another school, or do you just loose the money?

Thank you Aky. I am also really excited about USC and the people there seem to be very helpful. Someone even called me to ask if I had any questions, which I think is really nice.

Does it have any consequences if you pay the deposit and then end up going to another school, or do you just loose the money?
quote
Aky

Thank you Aky. I am also really excited about USC and the people there seem to be very helpful. Someone even called me to ask if I had any questions, which I think is really nice.

Does it have any consequences if you pay the deposit and then end up going to another school, or do you just loose the money?


I think you just loose the money, but not everyone should do that, because some guys in the waitlist are waiting for our seats. And the office of admission would like to give papers/admissions to guys who are really sure to go to USC. They don't want to send papers/package to someone who will in the end say "sorry but I can't".
If everyone does that, the office of admission will not able to do their work properly I think.

However, I'm sure they would understand, and that every year some applicants can't finally go there, then they give the seats to waitlisted people.

I made the deposit to secure my seat because I'm like 85% or 90% to go to USC ! Still not 100%, but at least not 30%.
And if I can't go to USC, I would tell them as soon as I can (so they can give a seat to someone else).

You can see the $500 as a little help for the university, especially for their kindness !
But of course, we are far from the $200 million gift to USC by a couple : http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-0309-usc-gift-20110309,0,2879936.story

Well, to sum up:
-If you are almost sure to go to USC (and to be careful) : make the $500 deposit
-If you finally decide not to go to USC, I advise you to tell them as soon as you can (so they can give your seat, and send all the admission/offer/visa papers to someone else)

<blockquote>Thank you Aky. I am also really excited about USC and the people there seem to be very helpful. Someone even called me to ask if I had any questions, which I think is really nice.

Does it have any consequences if you pay the deposit and then end up going to another school, or do you just loose the money?
</blockquote>

I think you just loose the money, but not everyone should do that, because some guys in the waitlist are waiting for our seats. And the office of admission would like to give papers/admissions to guys who are really sure to go to USC. They don't want to send papers/package to someone who will in the end say "sorry but I can't".
If everyone does that, the office of admission will not able to do their work properly I think.

However, I'm sure they would understand, and that every year some applicants can't finally go there, then they give the seats to waitlisted people.

I made the deposit to secure my seat because I'm like 85% or 90% to go to USC ! Still not 100%, but at least not 30%.
And if I can't go to USC, I would tell them as soon as I can (so they can give a seat to someone else).

You can see the $500 as a little help for the university, especially for their kindness !
But of course, we are far from the $200 million gift to USC by a couple : http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-0309-usc-gift-20110309,0,2879936.story

Well, to sum up:
-If you are almost sure to go to USC (and to be careful) : make the $500 deposit
-If you finally decide not to go to USC, I advise you to tell them as soon as you can (so they can give your seat, and send all the admission/offer/visa papers to someone else)
quote
Elisabet


I think you just loose the money, but not everyone should do that, because some guys in the waitlist are waiting for our seats. And the office of admission would like to give papers/admissions to guys who are really sure to go to USC. They don't want to send papers/package to someone who will in the end say "sorry but I can't".
If everyone does that, the office of admission will not able to do their work properly I think.

However, I'm sure they would understand, and that every year some applicants can't finally go there, then they give the seats to waitlisted people.

I made the deposit to secure my seat because I'm like 85% or 90% to go to USC ! Still not 100%, but at least not 30%.
And if I can't go to USC, I would tell them as soon as I can (so they can give a seat to someone else).

You can see the $500 as a little help for the university, especially for their kindness !
But of course, we are far from the $200 million gift to USC by a couple : http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-0309-usc-gift-20110309,0,2879936.story

Well, to sum up:
-If you are almost sure to go to USC (and to be careful) : make the $500 deposit
-If you finally decide not to go to USC, I advise you to tell them as soon as you can (so they can give your seat, and send all the admission/offer/visa papers to someone else)


I'm pretty sure I will go to USC. I only applied to the two schools I wanted to go to the most - USC and UCLA! I just really don't like not knowing about UCLA before making the final decision.

<blockquote>
I think you just loose the money, but not everyone should do that, because some guys in the waitlist are waiting for our seats. And the office of admission would like to give papers/admissions to guys who are really sure to go to USC. They don't want to send papers/package to someone who will in the end say "sorry but I can't".
If everyone does that, the office of admission will not able to do their work properly I think.

However, I'm sure they would understand, and that every year some applicants can't finally go there, then they give the seats to waitlisted people.

I made the deposit to secure my seat because I'm like 85% or 90% to go to USC ! Still not 100%, but at least not 30%.
And if I can't go to USC, I would tell them as soon as I can (so they can give a seat to someone else).

You can see the $500 as a little help for the university, especially for their kindness !
But of course, we are far from the $200 million gift to USC by a couple : http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-0309-usc-gift-20110309,0,2879936.story

Well, to sum up:
-If you are almost sure to go to USC (and to be careful) : make the $500 deposit
-If you finally decide not to go to USC, I advise you to tell them as soon as you can (so they can give your seat, and send all the admission/offer/visa papers to someone else)</blockquote>

I'm pretty sure I will go to USC. I only applied to the two schools I wanted to go to the most - USC and UCLA! I just really don't like not knowing about UCLA before making the final decision.
quote
iwtlic

Well, there goes another week with no word from UCLA.

Guess they must be super swamped with applications this year.

Let's hope we hear something next week.

Well, there goes another week with no word from UCLA.

Guess they must be super swamped with applications this year.

Let's hope we hear something next week.
quote

I managed to get through on the phone.

They said decisions should be released in the coming weeks (March/April). They also mentioned that if you have another deadline, just to let them know a week or two before and they would do their best to give an expedited decision.

hope this is helpful,

Medland


They told me that by mail yesterday, too

<blockquote>I managed to get through on the phone.

They said decisions should be released in the coming weeks (March/April). They also mentioned that if you have another deadline, just to let them know a week or two before and they would do their best to give an expedited decision.

hope this is helpful,

Medland</blockquote>

They told me that by mail yesterday, too
quote
Inactive User

So, fingers crossed for tomorrow? :)

So, fingers crossed for tomorrow? :)
quote
Inactive User

Any news?

Any news?
quote
Simpy

nothing from UCLA

nothing from UCLA
quote
Elisabet

I called UCLA and they said some decisions will be made later today!

I called UCLA and they said some decisions will be made later today!

quote
JMM

nothing here from UCLA...

nothing here from UCLA...
quote

Reply to Post

Related Law Schools

Los Angeles, California 371 Followers 245 Discussions
Los Angeles, California 746 Followers 352 Discussions

Other Related Content

Six California Law Schools to Hold Virtual LL.M. Info Sessions in October

News Oct 04, 2021

LLM GUIDE Focus on Student Life: California

Article Jul 04, 2009

Beyond the beaches: Essential information for California-bound LL.M. students.

A year of exploring!

Blog In UCLA LL.M. 2021-2022 on Jun 27, 2022

Hot Discussions