Duke Personal Statement

GG2929

Hi everyone,

I am in the process of writing my Duke personal statement. According to the instructions it needs to be 2-5 pages and it doesnt say double spaced. Compared to other schools' requirements 2-5 pages seem too much to me and I am stuck with a little less than 2 pages.

What are your thoughts? shall I try to make it longer even though it may be boring if I try to expand it just to meet the page requirements? Or, shall I stick to less than 2 pages?

Your comments would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi everyone,

I am in the process of writing my Duke personal statement. According to the instructions it needs to be 2-5 pages and it doesnt say double spaced. Compared to other schools' requirements 2-5 pages seem too much to me and I am stuck with a little less than 2 pages.

What are your thoughts? shall I try to make it longer even though it may be boring if I try to expand it just to meet the page requirements? Or, shall I stick to less than 2 pages?

Your comments would be appreciated.

Thank you.
mirlina

I wouldn't put double spacing just to make your statement look longer. But, if you would do so as a matter of formatting preference, I would say go for it!

If I was part of the Duke admissions team, I would be interested in an applicant's choice of formatting.

I wouldn't put double spacing just to make your statement look longer. But, if you would do so as a matter of formatting preference, I would say go for it!

If I was part of the Duke admissions team, I would be interested in an applicant's choice of formatting.

Reply to Post

Related Law Schools

Durham, North Carolina 368 Followers 294 Discussions

Other Related Content

LL.M. Application Deadlines for Fall 2020 - US Law Schools

News Aug 26, 2019

LL.M. Admissions: How to Write a Personal Statement

Article Sep 27, 2011

Many law schools require a personal statement from applicants. What are they looking for exactly?