LLM Discussions

LLM from Australia

Heyyy!

Are you guys applying to Univesity of Melbourne/Sydney? How are these Universities? What are the job prospects?

Thanks!
Heyyy!

Are you guys applying to Univesity of Melbourne/Sydney? How are these Universities? What are the job prospects?

Thanks!
If you're not already a resident of Australia, and have not done previous study in the country but want to stay there after graduation: an LLM will probably not let you do this.

This is because to get a post-study visa, you'll need to have studied in the country for no less than 16 months.
If you're not already a resident of Australia, and have not done previous study in the country but want to stay there after graduation: an LLM will probably not let you do this.

This is because to get a post-study visa, you'll need to have studied in the country for no less than 16 months.

Thank you for responding. I am a non-resident international student. Post completion of my LLM studies, I intend to work in Australia for a few years. I knew about these immigration and visa rules.

So I am assuming that law firms/MNCs/other relevant organizations do not visit the college for placements. What about the college? Don't they have a full-fledged placement/recruitment cell/committee indulged in getting the post-graduates secure a job?
[quote]If you're not already a resident of Australia, and have not done previous study in the country but want to stay there after graduation: an LLM will probably not let you do this.

This is because to get a post-study visa, you'll need to have studied in the country for no less than 16 months.[/quote]

Thank you for responding. I am a non-resident international student. Post completion of my LLM studies, I intend to work in Australia for a few years. I knew about these immigration and visa rules.

So I am assuming that law firms/MNCs/other relevant organizations do not visit the college for placements. What about the college? Don't they have a full-fledged placement/recruitment cell/committee indulged in getting the post-graduates secure a job?

Reply to Post

Related Law Schools

Melbourne, Australia 131 Followers 91 Discussions
Sydney, Australia 141 Followers 101 Discussions