How, if at all, does an American lawyer become licensed to practice law in Europe? I have a J.D., am licensed in the U.S., and am thinking about doing a LLM in Austria. I read somewhere that a person licensed in one EU country may practice in all EU countries -- is that correct? Does anyone know what I'd have to do to become licensed, or a resource for this information? Also, what is necessary to work for an international organization? UN job postings seem to only require an advanced degree in law regardless of where they are located. Is that right? No license is required?