King's College London Distance LLM

Did anyone get an offer from Dickson Poon School of Law as a non-law graduate? I'm 37-year-old, with a BA in language studies and MA in Legal translation, IELTS 8(Hong Kong Chinese), could anyone give me opinions on my chances of getting accepted?
Did anyone get an offer from Dickson Poon School of Law as a non-law graduate? I'm 37-year-old, with a BA in language studies and MA in Legal translation, IELTS 8(Hong Kong Chinese), could anyone give me opinions on my chances of getting accepted?
citoyen99

The IELTS is largely irrelevant when it comes to making you a competitive candidate. It's just to make sure you can actually speak the language.

Your age is also irrelevant to admission.

The most important factor is your past academic history - what grades/class rank/honours?

In any case, they are significantly less stringent with requirements when it comes to the Distance LLM.
[quote]Did anyone get an offer from Dickson Poon School of Law as a non-law graduate? I'm 37-year-old, with a BA in language studies and MA in Legal translation, IELTS 8(Hong Kong Chinese), could anyone give me opinions on my chances of getting accepted?[/quote]

The IELTS is largely irrelevant when it comes to making you a competitive candidate. It's just to make sure you can actually speak the language.

Your age is also irrelevant to admission.

The most important factor is your past academic history - what grades/class rank/honours?

In any case, they are significantly less stringent with requirements when it comes to the Distance LLM.

Reply to Post

Related Law Schools

London, United Kingdom 7 Followers 4 Discussions

Related Articles

What’s a Distance Learning LL.M. Really Like?

Sep 06, 2015

Online learning caters to a unique cross-section of students, but requires different approaches than in-class programs

More Articles