Chicago (without financial aid) or NW (with 30K scholarship)?

Han1989
Would love to hear some thoughts. My main concern is regarding the impact on the potential to secure a post LLM associate position in the US.
Would love to hear some thoughts. My main concern is regarding the impact on the potential to secure a post LLM associate position in the US.
usallm123

30K is huge. Plus NW is in the city walking distance from many big and elite law firms. On top of that, NW like Georgetown and Stanford, prepares you for the completive job market while Chicago like Harvard and Yale is more focused in academia. NW is also livelier with good location, library etc. In the recent reports, NW's ranking went up. But these reports are based on the JD program, not LLM. Regarding the job placement for LLM students they maybe the same. The 30K could help you pay for rent and travel costs while looking for jobs so NW it is.
[quote]Would love to hear some thoughts. My main concern is regarding the impact on the potential to secure a post LLM associate position in the US.[/quote]

30K is huge. Plus NW is in the city walking distance from many big and elite law firms. On top of that, NW like Georgetown and Stanford, prepares you for the completive job market while Chicago like Harvard and Yale is more focused in academia. NW is also livelier with good location, library etc. In the recent reports, NW's ranking went up. But these reports are based on the JD program, not LLM. Regarding the job placement for LLM students they maybe the same. The 30K could help you pay for rent and travel costs while looking for jobs so NW it is.

Reply to Post

Related Law Schools

Chicago, Illinois 555 Followers 316 Discussions
Chicago, Illinois 474 Followers 493 Discussions

Other Related Content

LL.M. Application Deadlines for Fall 2020 - US Law Schools

News Aug 26, 2019

Hot Discussions