I go to Maynooth, if you have any questions :)
That's great. Would you give me your perspective on the following aspects?
1) Quality of education
2) Faculty/Student ratio
3) Approaching faculty for study/career related problems
4) Campus quality, facilities & lifestyle
5) Advantage regarding its proximity to Dublin and networking opportunities available
6) Overall experience of studying in Ireland
7) Current status of its alumni network
8) Freedom to select electives and modules
9) Any internship opportunities available and the faculty's role in guiding its students for the same.
1. The quality of education is excellent. Explain everything very well and lecturers are always open to questions whether you wanna ask them in class, via email or make an appointment. They lay out very clearly the objectives of the modules and it is very helpful.
2. Through my 4 years here, I found that the law faculty is enough to cater all your academic needs.
3. Always open to answering your questions. I recently applied to LLM in London and my law lecturers helped with my personal statement. They are all very friendly and helpful. Gave me good references and answered any questions I had in relation to the legal career.
4. Campus is new. Library has all the required reading books for law. Good library and in a non-busy area so it is pretty peaceful.
5. All the top law firms in Ireland come to Maynooth for the law careers day. So do accounting and business firms incase you wanna work in their legal department. And give talks etc. TCD and UCD are ranked higher though.
6. Overall experience of studying in Ireland is excellent. English speaking country, high employment rate, top quality education that opens many international opportunity.
8. From personal experience, Maynooth is not strict in selection of modules and gives you discretion.
9. Many internship opportunities availabe. I personally have done 2 internships during this summer and am a LLB student in Maynooth. Career advice is always there for anyone who needs it. we also have a career guidance centre and they help with CVs, cover letters and other career issues. We also have a writing centre that helps with writing assignments etc.
Hope that helped! :)