Average grades, no work ex but good publications and internships HELP!

I am a law graduate from a good ranking NLU ( top 5). My CGPA is on the average side. But I have scored well in the last 2 years ( out of 5 years) of my law course. I have Maximum A+ and D’s ( Distinctions) in IPR and Corporate Law and Arbitration. But have a few B’s in the first 3 years which makes my CGPA average. I have good internships at top law firms and have worked with teams in securities law, corporate transaction and IPR litigation. I also have a research internship on trade law, an internship in a public sector undertaking and 2 internships at an NGO and State legal service authority. I have 7 publications in reputed journals on Corporate law, Trade law, Arbitration, Constitutional law, jurisprudence and 2 conference publications on current legal issues. Due to a dearth of decent jobs in my home country, I want to study further to strengthen my work profile.
Which good LLM colleges should I apply that usually accept my kind of profile candidates other than the UK? Which LLM course would be the best option to pursue my profile? My BA major is Political science. Would doing an LLM be better or should I pursue a JD or maybe Masters in Public policy or Diplomatic academy?
I am a law graduate from a good ranking NLU ( top 5). My CGPA is on the average side. But I have scored well in the last 2 years ( out of 5 years) of my law course. I have Maximum A+ and D’s ( Distinctions) in IPR and Corporate Law and Arbitration. But have a few B’s in the first 3 years which makes my CGPA average. I have good internships at top law firms and have worked with teams in securities law, corporate transaction and IPR litigation. I also have a research internship on trade law, an internship in a public sector undertaking and 2 internships at an NGO and State legal service authority. I have 7 publications in reputed journals on Corporate law, Trade law, Arbitration, Constitutional law, jurisprudence and 2 conference publications on current legal issues. Due to a dearth of decent jobs in my home country, I want to study further to strengthen my work profile.
Which good LLM colleges should I apply that usually accept my kind of profile candidates other than the UK? Which LLM course would be the best option to pursue my profile? My BA major is Political science. Would doing an LLM be better or should I pursue a JD or maybe Masters in Public policy or Diplomatic academy?
Please help guys. Anything?
Please help guys. Anything?
Thanks, Sofija. Yes, I agree it's quite confusing at the moment for me too.
Do you know of any law schools that do not lay much emphasis on grades? I have scored well in Arbitration, Corporate, and IPR. I also have good publications in journals in the same subjects.
Thanks, Sofija. Yes, I agree it's quite confusing at the moment for me too.
Do you know of any law schools that do not lay much emphasis on grades? I have scored well in Arbitration, Corporate, and IPR. I also have good publications in journals in the same subjects.
awinn
Do you have work experience?
Do you have work experience?
I don't have any work experience, awinn. But I have a couple of good internships.
I don't have any work experience, awinn. But I have a couple of good internships.
Sofija, I enjoyed studying commercial law in law school. I wrote papers and fortunately, they got published in good journals.
But after reading the threads these past few days, I've realized that the post LLM job prospects are very bleak. Even studying from an ivy league college won't guarantee you a job. I don't want to return back to my home country after doing my masters by spending a considerable amount of money.
I'm ready to work my way through any course that has good post job prospects. I know we can't compete with a tech course but even a decent possibility to find a job post the course would be best.
Sofija, I enjoyed studying commercial law in law school. I wrote papers and fortunately, they got published in good journals.
But after reading the threads these past few days, I've realized that the post LLM job prospects are very bleak. Even studying from an ivy league college won't guarantee you a job. I don't want to return back to my home country after doing my masters by spending a considerable amount of money.
I'm ready to work my way through any course that has good post job prospects. I know we can't compete with a tech course but even a decent possibility to find a job post the course would be best.
Sofija, Are you suggesting to get some experience in my home country and then look for courses abroad or study abroad and come back to my home country to work?
Sofija, Are you suggesting to get some experience in my home country and then look for courses abroad or study abroad and come back to my home country to work?
Sofija, Can you suggest me such programmes?
Sofija, Can you suggest me such programmes?
Thank you for all your help, Sofija :)
Thank you for all your help, Sofija :)

Reply to Post

Related Articles

LL.M. Admissions: The Importance of Class Rank

By Emily Cataneo on Jan 25, 2016

More Articles