Application 2023/2024

paulinaaa

Hello Everyone!

I have a question regarding letters of recommendation. Who do you ask to write it for you? Your professors? I finished uni 2,5 years ago ( masters of law) and past years I was working in the legal field yet not connected with human rights topic and have no idea where to get these recommendations from.

Thanks for your advice!

Hello Everyone!

I have a question regarding letters of recommendation. Who do you ask to write it for you? Your professors? I finished uni 2,5 years ago ( masters of law) and past years I was working in the legal field yet not connected with human rights topic and have no idea where to get these recommendations from.

Thanks for your advice!
CandeV

Hi there. I asked a professor and a work supervisor. Usually they recommend (if not specified by the programe) to present a work and an academic letter. However, I think there is no right or wrong here. It can be hard to get letters

Hi there. I asked a professor and a work supervisor. Usually they recommend (if not specified by the programe) to present a work and an academic letter. However, I think there is no right or wrong here. It can be hard to get letters
Cheya

Hello there!

Have you guys already submitted your applications? And are they with full scholarships or not? I am just curious about what sort of information you have included in your essays i.e the motivation, future career plans and personal statements. What information do you think would contribute to making the applications strong?

I am applying for the LLM in IHL and HR, a full scholarship. I have not submitted the application yet. 

Thanks!

Hello there!<br><br>Have you guys already submitted your applications? And are they with full scholarships or not? I am just curious about what sort of information you have included in your essays i.e the motivation, future career plans and personal statements. What information do you think would contribute to making the applications strong?<br><br>I am applying for the LLM in IHL and HR, a full scholarship. I have not submitted the application yet.&nbsp;<br><br>Thanks!
Cheya

Hello Everyone!

Thanks for your advice!

Hello, if its not too late. I finished uni 2 years ago, I work in a commercial law-based law firm so I didn't think a professional recommendation would support my application for IHL and HR. So I got both letters from professors at my former uni. I don't know if 2 letters from the same institution was a good move, but I don't think a letter from work would have been of any use in relation to what I am applying for. But like CandeV said, I don't think there is a hard and fast rule, otherwise, GA would have been more specific ( some other universities or scholarship bodies are specific about who the letters should come from and what they should talk about.)

[quote]Hello Everyone!

Thanks for your advice! [/quote]<br><br>Hello, if its not too late. I finished uni 2 years ago, I work in a commercial law-based law firm so I didn't think a professional recommendation would support my application for IHL and HR. So I got both letters from professors at my former uni. I don't know if 2 letters from the same institution was a good move, but I don't think a letter from work would have been of any use in relation to what I am applying for. But like CandeV said, I don't think there is a hard and fast rule, otherwise, GA would have been more specific ( some other universities or scholarship bodies are specific about who the letters should come from and what they should talk about.)<br><br>
paulinaaa

Thanks a lot! Will try to get letters from my professors then :) 

Is it your last year experience? Did you get a spot or you are applying only this year?

Hello Everyone!

Thanks for your advice!

Hello, if its not too late. I finished uni 2 years ago, I work in a commercial law-based law firm so I didn't think a professional recommendation would support my application for IHL and HR. So I got both letters from professors at my former uni. I don't know if 2 letters from the same institution was a good move, but I don't think a letter from work would have been of any use in relation to what I am applying for. But like CandeV said, I don't think there is a hard and fast rule, otherwise, GA would have been more specific ( some other universities or scholarship bodies are specific about who the letters should come from and what they should talk about.)

Thanks a lot! Will try to get letters from my professors then :)&nbsp;<br><br>Is it your last year experience? Did you get a spot or you are applying only this year?<br><br><br><br>[quote][quote]Hello Everyone!

Thanks for your advice! [/quote]<br><br>Hello, if its not too late. I finished uni 2 years ago, I work in a commercial law-based law firm so I didn't think a professional recommendation would support my application for IHL and HR. So I got both letters from professors at my former uni. I don't know if 2 letters from the same institution was a good move, but I don't think a letter from work would have been of any use in relation to what I am applying for. But like CandeV said, I don't think there is a hard and fast rule, otherwise, GA would have been more specific ( some other universities or scholarship bodies are specific about who the letters should come from and what they should talk about.)<br><br> [/quote]

Shall we make a WhatsApp group or something where people who are applying for 2023-24 can have a conversation and follow up

[Edited by Rishabh Srivastava on Jan 17, 2023]

Shall we make a WhatsApp group or something where people who are applying for 2023-24 can have a conversation and follow up<br>
itsv

I think that is a great idea!

I think that is a great idea!
khaosh

Anyone applying for an LLM in Technology Law

Anyone applying for an LLM in Technology Law

Reply to Post

Related Law Schools

Geneva, Switzerland 243 Followers 105 Discussions

Hot Discussions