For prospective LL.M. students looking to study in the United Kingdom or Ireland, here is a short list of application deadlines for full-time, taught programs beginning in the Fall of 2007. The 15 law schools listed below were chosen based on the most-viewed university profiles on LLM GUIDE.
- King's College London (KCL) - March 16, 2007
- University of London External Programme - July 31, 2007
- Oxford - BCL and MJur degrees: January 12, 2007; for MSc Criminology deadline(s) see website
- London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) - Consideration of applications begins November 13, 2006; first admission decisions released from late January 2007
- Cambridge - December 1, 2006 (deadline for online applications is November 17, 2006).
- University College London (UCL) - July 31, 2007 for overseas students; September 1, 2007 for UK and EU students
- Glasgow Graduate School of Law (GGSL) - Normally mid-August for courses commencing in October.
- Kent - As early as possible prior to beginning of the course
- Queen Mary (QMUL) - "There are no closing dates for applications to postgraduate study, although entry to some programmes is very competitive and courses may become full several months before the start of the academic year."
- Edinburgh - May 31, 2007
- Warwick - No fixed deadline, but applications encouraged before late May
- Nottingham - May 31, 2007
- Nottingham-Trent - Not yet confirmed. (Last year's deadline was July 31)
- Trinity College Dublin - Not yet confirmed. (Last year's deadline was March 31)
- Aberdeen - July 1, 2007
Please note that deadlines sometimes change and often vary due to the variety of postgraduate programs being offered. All prospective students are advised to double-check the deadlines as soon as possible before applying.
For more information and application material, follow the links below.