Specialized LLM or General LLM

amrapalli

Hi,

Am currently at UCLA, USA and I would like to know which is a better idea - pursuing a law degree in a specialization or pursuing a General course? I am kind of unable to make up my mind and so was kind of seeking some advice on this.

Thanks,
Amrapalli

Hi,

Am currently at UCLA, USA and I would like to know which is a better idea - pursuing a law degree in a specialization or pursuing a General course? I am kind of unable to make up my mind and so was kind of seeking some advice on this.

Thanks,
Amrapalli

amrapalli

Thank you Terkiana for your helpful comments! I will definitely think about it.

Thank you Terkiana for your helpful comments! I will definitely think about it.
shasgaut

Another option that you can explore is to focus 12/13 credits on specialization e.g corporation, IPR etc and rest on general subjects of your choice!!!

Another option that you can explore is to focus 12/13 credits on specialization e.g corporation, IPR etc and rest on general subjects of your choice!!!
amrapalli

Thanks Shasgaut for the advice! I was kind of thinking on similar lines..

Thanks Shasgaut for the advice! I was kind of thinking on similar lines..

Hi,
I needed to know about the job opportunities in the states after LLM from states. I have done my M.com [business management], LLB from [Mumbai university] India in 2011. I have been practicing on criminal side for past 1 year.
I am planning to pursue my LLM in IPR from the US in 2013.
Also guide me about the job opportunities and prospects apart from working in a law firm after my degree eg {working in companies, IT industries, Non-profit organization etc}
Do, I have to clear the bar exam for it?

Will my M com degree help me in US by any chance for gaining a job.
Is IPR a good option, or does it only favors people with a science or engineering background.
Should, I OPT for some other subject?

Hi,
I needed to know about the job opportunities in the states after LLM from states. I have done my M.com [business management], LLB from [Mumbai university] India in 2011. I have been practicing on criminal side for past 1 year.
I am planning to pursue my LLM in IPR from the US in 2013.
Also guide me about the job opportunities and prospects apart from working in a law firm after my degree eg {working in companies, IT industries, Non-profit organization etc}
Do, I have to clear the bar exam for it?

Will my M com degree help me in US by any chance for gaining a job.
Is IPR a good option, or does it only favors people with a science or engineering background.
Should, I OPT for some other subject?

Reply to Post

Related Law Schools

Los Angeles, California 718 Followers 345 Discussions

Other Related Content

Six California Law Schools to Hold Virtual LL.M. Info Sessions in October

News Oct 04, 2021

Thanksgiving Weekend

Blog In UCLA LL.M. 2021-2022 on Dec 17, 2021

Hot Discussions