UCL/Cambridge/QMUL LLM Law and Economics

Krabo

Hello everyone, I thought I'd hijack this thread a little bit to ask for some advice about the different LLM programs. I have a first class honours degree and (soon) a SJD from Australia, and am currently working as a researcher in Europe. However, I would like to complement my legal research skills with a background in economics research, particularly game theory research. I would also like to improve my skills in panel data analysis. I have identified the following programs as potentially suitable to my needs:

* UCL
* Cambridge
* QMUL
* University of Utrecht (I know it's not England, but still)
* EMLE

Given what I want to do, which of these would be preferable? Thank you.

Hello everyone, I thought I'd hijack this thread a little bit to ask for some advice about the different LLM programs. I have a first class honours degree and (soon) a SJD from Australia, and am currently working as a researcher in Europe. However, I would like to complement my legal research skills with a background in economics research, particularly game theory research. I would also like to improve my skills in panel data analysis. I have identified the following programs as potentially suitable to my needs:

* UCL
* Cambridge
* QMUL
* EMLE

LegalLife

* UCL
* Cambridge
* QMUL
* EMLE

Not Cambridge LLM atleast.

[quote]Hello everyone, I thought I'd hijack this thread a little bit to ask for some advice about the different LLM programs. I have a first class honours degree and (soon) a SJD from Australia, and am currently working as a researcher in Europe. However, I would like to complement my legal research skills with a background in economics research, particularly game theory research. I would also like to improve my skills in panel data analysis. I have identified the following programs as potentially suitable to my needs:

* UCL
* Cambridge
* QMUL
* EMLE

Given what I want to do, which of these would be preferable? Thank you.[/quote]

Not Cambridge LLM atleast.
chicken so...

Given your interests and goals, you might want to consider a non-LLM program (unless your research specifically addresses legal issues, which you don't mention...)

I know for example Amsterdam (through its School of Economics) offers a Master's program covering behavioral economics and game theory. LSE also has a range of offerings touching on game theory / economics...

Given your interests and goals, you might want to consider a non-LLM program (unless your research specifically addresses legal issues, which you don't mention...)

I know for example Amsterdam (through its School of Economics) offers a Master's program covering behavioral economics and game theory. LSE also has a range of offerings touching on game theory / economics...

Reply to Post

Related Law Schools

London, United Kingdom 536 Followers 880 Discussions
Cambridge, United Kingdom 736 Followers 723 Discussions
London, United Kingdom 855 Followers 835 Discussions

Other Related Content

LL.M. Application Deadlines for Fall 2020 - Law Schools in the UK & Ireland

News Sep 30, 2019

Hot Discussions