MLF Oxford 2019-2020

Matthew_S
Hi everyone,
Will appreciate if anyone can share of his/her experience:
(1) What kind of a written work is expected to submit, for someone who does not have any published essay yet? Should it be a paper I've written during my undergrad studies or something else? What are the topics you wrote about?
(2) Does it matter at what time during the application submission period one sends his application (September until January)?
(3) When in January admission closes (I assume it might vary from year to year)?
Thanks in advance!

[Edited by Matthew_S on Jul 24, 2019]

Hi everyone,
Will appreciate if anyone can share of his/her experience:
(1) What kind of a written work is expected to submit, for someone who does not have any published essay yet? Should it be a paper I've written during my undergrad studies or something else? What are the topics you wrote about?
(2) Does it matter at what time during the application submission period one sends his application (September until January)?
(3) When in January admission closes (I assume it might vary from year to year)?
Thanks in advance!
Nameless
(1) The website explains clearly what is required and expected. Within those confines, it is up to you to decide what to submit. The only thing I would add is that you should put your best foot forward. If you are using something that you have previously written, take the time to try to improve it. Moreover, you do not need to submit a complete work, so consider cutting out purely descriptive elements in order to allow more space for argument/analysis.

(2) No.

(3) The closing date will be posted on the website. The admissions cycle doesn't even start for more than a month so there is no reason to fret about it.
(1) The website explains clearly what is required and expected. Within those confines, it is up to you to decide what to submit. The only thing I would add is that you should put your best foot forward. If you are using something that you have previously written, take the time to try to improve it. Moreover, you do not need to submit a complete work, so consider cutting out purely descriptive elements in order to allow more space for argument/analysis.

(2) No.

(3) The closing date will be posted on the website. The admissions cycle doesn't even start for more than a month so there is no reason to fret about it.

Reply to Post

Related Law Schools

Oxford, United Kingdom 718 Followers 777 Discussions