chances LLM USA with with low GPA

sinaryan
Hey guys,

It would be great if anyone could help me and calm my nerves a bit (or not):)
I am a German law student and I am gong to graduate next year wit a LLB fro the University of Mannheim. My current GPA is around B/B-/C+ its probably going to be a bit better in the end, but... .
Does anyone think I would have a chance to get into a LLM program in one of the Top 60 law schools in the US?
My TOEFL score is 100, i've studied 1 year abroad in France, 2 internships (one in Houston, TX and one in Germany) and around 4 volunteer activities.

Thanks!!
Hey guys,

I am a German law student and I am gong to graduate next year wit a LLB fro the University of Mannheim. My current GPA is around B/B-/C+ its probably going to be a bit better in the end, but... .
Does anyone think I would have a chance to get into a LLM program in one of the Top 60 law schools in the US?
My TOEFL score is 100, i've studied 1 year abroad in France, 2 internships (one in Houston, TX and one in Germany) and around 4 volunteer activities.

Thanks!!
Hey guys,

Thanks!!

I can help you with that!
First of all, everything is possible, and luck sometimes plays a role. But on the other hand, we need to go with numbers and facts. And finally, make a plan that mixes both facts and luck.

The top 15-20 law schools are highly competitive; so if I were you, I would choose one or two dream schools and one or two reach schools amongst the top 20.

The next 30 law schools are moderate, so again you can go with 2 law schools in the 20s and 2 in the 30s and one in the 40s-50s. I recommend Tulane Law school for you, a magnificent school that is away from the focus of many high achievers because of its rank. It is the 50th. However, I also do recommend to implement the proposed plan if you have got enough money: as you will never know if you could get into a t14 school with your grades :)

Wish you best of luck :)

[Edited by The will of fire on Feb 26, 2017]

[quote]Hey guys,

Thanks!![/quote]

I can help you with that!
First of all, everything is possible, and luck sometimes plays a role. But on the other hand, we need to go with numbers and facts. And finally, make a plan that mixes both facts and luck.

The top 15-20 law schools are highly competitive; so if I were you, I would choose one or two dream schools and one or two reach schools amongst the top 20.

The next 30 law schools are moderate, so again you can go with 2 law schools in the 20s and 2 in the 30s and one in the 40s-50s. I recommend Tulane Law school for you, a magnificent school that is away from the focus of many high achievers because of its rank. It is the 50th. However, I also do recommend to implement the proposed plan if you have got enough money: as you will never know if you could get into a t14 school with your grades :)

Wish you best of luck :)
sinaryan
Thank you so much. Thats what I tought about doing :).
Thank you so much. Thats what I tought about doing :).

Reply to Post

Related Law Schools

New Orleans, Louisiana 66 Followers 80 Discussions

Related Articles

LL.M. Admissions: The Importance of Class Rank

By Emily Cataneo on Jan 25, 2016

More Articles