LLM in Tax Law

Hello guys,

i am interested in applying for an llm in the field of tax law and i need your advice of which program to choose. My choice is based on the tuitions fees ( no more than 10.000 eur) and career prospects., My areas of interest is within europe excluding universities in UK.
So far my preferences are:
University of Maastricht : LLM in International and European Tax Law
University of Manheim : LLM in Tax and Accounting

As for the second one it is not very famous but i find its programm structure quite interesting ( low fees , 2 years with the possibility to study abroad for one semester). Have any of you heard bout it? It is in german but i know german so maybe i can improve both languages ( german and english) at the same time.

Any opinion/advice/suggestion will be helpful :)
Hello guys,

i am interested in applying for an llm in the field of tax law and i need your advice of which program to choose. My choice is based on the tuitions fees ( no more than 10.000 eur) and career prospects., My areas of interest is within europe excluding universities in UK.
So far my preferences are:
University of Maastricht : LLM in International and European Tax Law
University of Manheim : LLM in Tax and Accounting

As for the second one it is not very famous but i find its programm structure quite interesting ( low fees , 2 years with the possibility to study abroad for one semester). Have any of you heard bout it? It is in german but i know german so maybe i can improve both languages ( german and english) at the same time.

Any opinion/advice/suggestion will be helpful :)
BC1721
I'm currently following the IETL LLM in Maastricht.

Outside of the fact that it's a good program, the university and student organisation do a lot to get you a job afterwards. They organise a (completely free) two-day trip to Luxembourg, there's an international job fair and in my case one of my tutors made several calls and recommendations for internship opportunities.

I don't know what your future plans are, but I just checked out the site of the one from Mannheim and they prepare you for the German state exams, which would mean a lot of German law and accounting rules, so I'm not fully convinced of the value of this degree outside of Germany.

I'm currently doing an internship in Dubai at a Big 4, another also offered me an internship and I may have an opportunity at a tax law firm there (through my tutor), several people of our LLM signed contracts in NL, Luxemburg,... as well so it has a strong standing in my experience.
I'm currently following the IETL LLM in Maastricht.

Outside of the fact that it's a good program, the university and student organisation do a lot to get you a job afterwards. They organise a (completely free) two-day trip to Luxembourg, there's an international job fair and in my case one of my tutors made several calls and recommendations for internship opportunities.

I don't know what your future plans are, but I just checked out the site of the one from Mannheim and they prepare you for the German state exams, which would mean a lot of German law and accounting rules, so I'm not fully convinced of the value of this degree outside of Germany.

I'm currently doing an internship in Dubai at a Big 4, another also offered me an internship and I may have an opportunity at a tax law firm there (through my tutor), several people of our LLM signed contracts in NL, Luxemburg,... as well so it has a strong standing in my experience.

Reply to Post

Related Law Schools

Full Profile
Maastricht, Netherlands 201 Followers 182 Discussions
Mannheim, Germany 30 Followers 4 Discussions

Related Top 10 Lists

More Top 10 Lists

Hot Discussions