For prospective LL.M. students looking to study in the United Kingdom or Ireland, here is a short list of application deadlines for full-time, taught programs beginning in Fall 2009. The 20 law schools listed below were chosen based on the most-viewed UK/Ireland university profiles on LLM GUIDE.
- Queen Mary (QMUL) - July 1, 2009*
- Oxford - January 23, 2009 or March 13, 2009 (for most degrees)
- University College London (UCL) - None
- Edinburgh - August 31, 2009
- King's College London (KCL) - March 31, 2009
- London School of Economics (LSE) - None
- Cambridge - December 1, 2008 (deadline for online applications is November 17, 2008)
- University of London External - October 15, 2009 (recommended by July 31)
- Glasgow Graduate School of Law (GGSL) - Normally mid-August
- Kent - No fixed deadline, but most applications generally received by April
- Dundee - CEPMLP: December 31, 2008 and March 31, 2009; other LL.M. programs: not specified
- Nottingham-Trent - Not specified
- Aberdeen - June 30, 2009
- Nottingham - May 31, 2009
- Warwick - Encouraged before late May
- NUI Galway - None
- Trinity College Dublin - April 1, 2009
- Manchester - Overseas applicants: end July 2009; UK/EU applicants: end August 2009
- City University London - Not specified
- London SOAS - June 30, 2009
Please note that deadlines sometimes change and often vary due to the variety of postgraduate programs being offered. All prospective students are advised to double-check with law schools as soon as possible before applying.
For more information and application material, follow the links below.