Columbia LLM 2023-24

Yxz204

Hi all! Litigation lawyer from India here. Anyone applying to CLS's LLM program (2023-24)? Lets connect!

[Edited by Yxz204 on Sep 09, 2022]

Hi all! Litigation lawyer from India here. Anyone applying to CLS's LLM program (2023-24)? Lets connect!
Blom21

I am!

[quote]Hi all! Litigation lawyer from India here. Anyone applying to CLS's LLM program (2023-24)? Lets connect! [/quote]<br><br>I am!
Yxz204

Hey there, thanks so much for connecting! I had a small question about Columbia's LSAC application for this year. There are two mandatory supplemental essay questions - the first one being about personal interests outside of coursework, and the other being about how you will learn within Columbia's diverse community.

From what I've heard from alumni, this seems like a new requirement introduced this year. Do you have any information or tips about how to go about answering these questions? If you've heard anything at any outreach session from Columbia admission officers that would be super helpful, but just your instincts about what the university is expecting from candidates here would be very useful guidance too.  

[Edited by Yxz204 on Sep 11, 2022]

Hey there, thanks so much for connecting! I had a small question about Columbia's LSAC application for this year. There are two mandatory supplemental essay questions - the first one being about personal interests outside of coursework, and the other being about how you will learn within Columbia's diverse community.<br><br>From what I've heard from alumni, this seems like a new requirement introduced this year. Do you have any information or tips about how to go about answering these questions? If you've heard anything at any outreach session from Columbia admission officers that would be super helpful, but just your instincts about what the university is expecting from candidates here would be very useful guidance too.&nbsp;&nbsp;

As with many of these schools, they make the application process very specific. The key to writing these correctly is to get professional help or customize each application for the school. A one size fits all application is not enough anymore. This Columbia essay series is unique, the Northwestern interview, the Harvard personal statement, the personal statements from Berkeley etc. all of these are obstacles in order to make sure that they can't get your  This Columbia essay series is unique, the northwestern interview, the Harvard personal statement, the personal statements from Berkeley etc. all of these are obstacles in order to make sure that the candidates are personalizing and customizing each of their their applications.

Hey there, thanks so much for connecting! I had a small question about Columbia's LSAC application for this year. There are two mandatory supplemental essay questions - the first one being about personal interests outside of coursework, and the other being about how you will learn within Columbia's diverse community.

From what I've heard from alumni, this seems like a new requirement introduced this year. Do you have any information or tips about how to go about answering these questions? If you've heard anything at any outreach session from Columbia admission officers that would be super helpful, but just your instincts about what the university is expecting from candidates here would be very useful guidance too.  

As with many of these schools, they make the application process very specific. The key to writing these correctly is to get professional help or customize each application for the school. A one size fits all application is not enough anymore. This Columbia essay series is unique, the Northwestern interview, the Harvard personal statement, the personal statements from Berkeley etc. all of these are obstacles in order to make sure that they can't get your&nbsp; This Columbia essay series is unique, the northwestern interview, the Harvard personal statement, the personal statements from Berkeley etc. all of these are obstacles in order to make sure that the candidates are personalizing and customizing each of their their applications.<br><br><br><br>[quote]Hey there, thanks so much for connecting! I had a small question about Columbia's LSAC application for this year. There are two mandatory supplemental essay questions - the first one being about personal interests outside of coursework, and the other being about how you will learn within Columbia's diverse community.<br><br>From what I've heard from alumni, this seems like a new requirement introduced this year. Do you have any information or tips about how to go about answering these questions? If you've heard anything at any outreach session from Columbia admission officers that would be super helpful, but just your instincts about what the university is expecting from candidates here would be very useful guidance too.&nbsp;&nbsp; [/quote]

Reply to Post

Related Law Schools

New York City, New York 1507 Followers 1043 Discussions

Other Related Content

Six Major Law Schools to Host Virtual Sessions on LL.M. Experiences at Top US Universities

News Sep 19, 2022