NYU Admitted


Awojc

Guys,

NYU has started issuing admission notifications, but I guess it may have started with those with scholarship offers. I got the admission and one of the 'tution only' scholarships. I am however concerned about the short time limited for acceptance, among other details of the offer (which i can't say here). I am particularly worried that if i get into YLS/HLS, there may be bigger FinAids.

Guys,

NYU has started issuing admission notifications, but I guess it may have started with those with scholarship offers. I got the admission and one of the 'tution only' scholarships. I am however concerned about the short time limited for acceptance, among other details of the offer (which i can't say here). I am particularly worried that if i get into YLS/HLS, there may be bigger FinAids.
quote
love-m

When did you get admission? Thanks.

When did you get admission? Thanks.
quote
Awojc

A couple of hours ago

A couple of hours ago
quote
Bla Bla

U mean like you got the email around 8 am Tuesday NY time??

U mean like you got the email around 8 am Tuesday NY time??
quote
MAB79

??? Does it matter? It seems that they just have released the acceptances of the applicants receiving a scholarship...for the rest of us, the answer could be sent now or within the next days!

??? Does it matter? It seems that they just have released the acceptances of the applicants receiving a scholarship...for the rest of us, the answer could be sent now or within the next days!
quote
Awojc

U mean like you got the email around 8 am Tuesday NY time??


The e-mail was delivered to my box "2.13 AM" on 2/3/2010.
Yes, it doesn't matter. I believe other offers would come mid-march. I say mid-March because of the 9 March deadline we were given within which to accept the offer.

My problem is that it appears that accepting this offer may bar one from taking offers from say HLS or YLS. Anyone with an idea of exactly how this works?

<blockquote>U mean like you got the email around 8 am Tuesday NY time??</blockquote>

The e-mail was delivered to my box "2.13 AM" on 2/3/2010.
Yes, it doesn't matter. I believe other offers would come mid-march. I say mid-March because of the 9 March deadline we were given within which to accept the offer.

My problem is that it appears that accepting this offer may bar one from taking offers from say HLS or YLS. Anyone with an idea of exactly how this works?
quote
MAB79

I don't think that they will wait until mid-march for further offers, because there are not many scholarships available but tons of applications of students that are not requesting financial aid...But I doubt that they can ban you...when HLS wants you they'll get you!

I don't think that they will wait until mid-march for further offers, because there are not many scholarships available but tons of applications of students that are not requesting financial aid...But I doubt that they can ban you...when HLS wants you they'll get you!
quote
mltmhl

U mean like you got the email around 8 am Tuesday NY time??


The e-mail was delivered to my box "2.13 AM" on 2/3/2010.
Yes, it doesn't matter. I believe other offers would come mid-march. I say mid-March because of the 9 March deadline we were given within which to accept the offer.

My problem is that it appears that accepting this offer may bar one from taking offers from say HLS or YLS. Anyone with an idea of exactly how this works?


The e-mail was delivered to my box "2.13 AM" on 2/3/2010.
Yes, it doesn't matter. I believe other offers would come mid-march. I say mid-March because of the 9 March deadline we were given within which to accept the offer.

My problem is that it appears that accepting this offer may bar one from taking offers from say HLS or YLS. Anyone with an idea of exactly how this works?

I am in the same situation. Personally I don't think it would be useful to ask NYU for an extension of the March 9 deadline (I wouldn't even be sure on how long should this extension be). I have just written to all the law schools that are still reviewing my application, asking them for an expedite consideration. I have no idea whether they will accept: probably if they have already taken a decision on my application, they might be willing of communicating it to me; otherwise, I don't think that they will change their timetable only to face my request. Anyway, I will let you know as soon as i have any news.

<blockquote><blockquote>U mean like you got the email around 8 am Tuesday NY time??</blockquote>

The e-mail was delivered to my box "2.13 AM" on 2/3/2010.
Yes, it doesn't matter. I believe other offers would come mid-march. I say mid-March because of the 9 March deadline we were given within which to accept the offer.

My problem is that it appears that accepting this offer may bar one from taking offers from say HLS or YLS. Anyone with an idea of exactly how this works?</blockquote>

The e-mail was delivered to my box "2.13 AM" on 2/3/2010.
Yes, it doesn't matter. I believe other offers would come mid-march. I say mid-March because of the 9 March deadline we were given within which to accept the offer.

My problem is that it appears that accepting this offer may bar one from taking offers from say HLS or YLS. Anyone with an idea of exactly how this works?</blockquote>

I am in the same situation. Personally I don't think it would be useful to ask NYU for an extension of the March 9 deadline (I wouldn't even be sure on how long should this extension be). I have just written to all the law schools that are still reviewing my application, asking them for an expedite consideration. I have no idea whether they will accept: probably if they have already taken a decision on my application, they might be willing of communicating it to me; otherwise, I don't think that they will change their timetable only to face my request. Anyway, I will let you know as soon as i have any news.
quote
j.a.

@ Awojc, does the offer e-mail say something about the consequences of accepting now and not effectively enrolling? U. Chicago expressly warns they would let other law schools and your recommenders know about your dishonest conduct.

A second question: is there any requirement for a deposit from NYU?

Thanks a lot.

@ Awojc, does the offer e-mail say something about the consequences of accepting now and not effectively enrolling? U. Chicago expressly warns they would let other law schools and your recommenders know about your dishonest conduct.

A second question: is there any requirement for a deposit from NYU?

Thanks a lot.
quote
Awojc

U mean like you got the email around 8 am Tuesday NY time??


The e-mail was delivered to my box "2.13 AM" on 2/3/2010.
Yes, it doesn't matter. I believe other offers would come mid-march. I say mid-March because of the 9 March deadline we were given within which to accept the offer.

My problem is that it appears that accepting this offer may bar one from taking offers from say HLS or YLS. Anyone with an idea of exactly how this works?


The e-mail was delivered to my box "2.13 AM" on 2/3/2010.
Yes, it doesn't matter. I believe other offers would come mid-march. I say mid-March because of the 9 March deadline we were given within which to accept the offer.

My problem is that it appears that accepting this offer may bar one from taking offers from say HLS or YLS. Anyone with an idea of exactly how this works?


I am in the same situation. Personally I don't think it would be useful to ask NYU for an extension of the March 9 deadline (I wouldn't even be sure on how long should this extension be). I have just written to all the law schools that are still reviewing my application, asking them for an expedite consideration. I have no idea whether they will accept: probably if they have already taken a decision on my application, they might be willing of communicating it to me; otherwise, I don't think that they will change their timetable only to face my request. Anyway, I will let you know as soon as i have any news.

Thanks. I am also about sending the same e-mail to YLS/HLS. Let's hope for the best.

<blockquote><blockquote><blockquote>U mean like you got the email around 8 am Tuesday NY time??</blockquote>

The e-mail was delivered to my box "2.13 AM" on 2/3/2010.
Yes, it doesn't matter. I believe other offers would come mid-march. I say mid-March because of the 9 March deadline we were given within which to accept the offer.

My problem is that it appears that accepting this offer may bar one from taking offers from say HLS or YLS. Anyone with an idea of exactly how this works?</blockquote>

The e-mail was delivered to my box "2.13 AM" on 2/3/2010.
Yes, it doesn't matter. I believe other offers would come mid-march. I say mid-March because of the 9 March deadline we were given within which to accept the offer.

My problem is that it appears that accepting this offer may bar one from taking offers from say HLS or YLS. Anyone with an idea of exactly how this works?</blockquote>

I am in the same situation. Personally I don't think it would be useful to ask NYU for an extension of the March 9 deadline (I wouldn't even be sure on how long should this extension be). I have just written to all the law schools that are still reviewing my application, asking them for an expedite consideration. I have no idea whether they will accept: probably if they have already taken a decision on my application, they might be willing of communicating it to me; otherwise, I don't think that they will change their timetable only to face my request. Anyway, I will let you know as soon as i have any news.</blockquote>

Thanks. I am also about sending the same e-mail to YLS/HLS. Let's hope for the best.
quote
Bla Bla

It actually matters to me since it means that they are still sending out offers with scholarships on Tuesday (not all in just one day). Also, I won't be hearing from NYU directly, so I need some hope that I may still get some financial assistance.


??? Does it matter? It seems that they just have released the acceptances of the applicants receiving a scholarship...for the rest of us, the answer could be sent now or within the next days!


It actually matters to me since it means that they are still sending out offers with scholarships on Tuesday (not all in just one day). Also, I won't be hearing from NYU directly, so I need some hope that I may still get some financial assistance.


<blockquote>??? Does it matter? It seems that they just have released the acceptances of the applicants receiving a scholarship...for the rest of us, the answer could be sent now or within the next days!</blockquote>
quote
parislaw

Hi,

Does anyone know exactly the consequences of accepting one offer to a school and then choosing another one? Besides from sending an email of dishonest behavior are there any other consequences?
thanks!

Hi,

Does anyone know exactly the consequences of accepting one offer to a school and then choosing another one? Besides from sending an email of dishonest behavior are there any other consequences?
thanks!
quote
josh129

@centralbanker I was accepted to the LL.M Tax Program at NYU. My admission letter says that the seat deposit is $500. I am not sure if every program is the same.

Hope this helps!

- Josh
www.taxdocket.com

@centralbanker I was accepted to the LL.M Tax Program at NYU. My admission letter says that the seat deposit is $500. I am not sure if every program is the same.

Hope this helps!

- Josh
www.taxdocket.com
quote

@ Awojc, does the offer e-mail say something about the consequences of accepting now and not effectively enrolling? U. Chicago expressly warns they would let other law schools and your recommenders know about your dishonest conduct.

A second question: is there any requirement for a deposit from NYU?

Thanks a lot.


But how can U. Chicago know which law schools you've applied/been admitted to?

<blockquote>@ Awojc, does the offer e-mail say something about the consequences of accepting now and not effectively enrolling? U. Chicago expressly warns they would let other law schools and your recommenders know about your dishonest conduct.

A second question: is there any requirement for a deposit from NYU?

Thanks a lot.</blockquote>

But how can U. Chicago know which law schools you've applied/been admitted to?
quote
Xview

mltmhl: I am in the same situation.

I have been admitted to CLS with no financ aid and full scholarship to NYU (facing the 9 march deadline). I have sent the same mail to HLS and yls, as well as oxbridge.

Hope the best to you,

mltmhl: I am in the same situation.

I have been admitted to CLS with no financ aid and full scholarship to NYU (facing the 9 march deadline). I have sent the same mail to HLS and yls, as well as oxbridge.

Hope the best to you,
quote
Xview

Paris: I do not know the consequences and I am wondering what would happen if..

However, I won't take the risk, definitely.

Paris: I do not know the consequences and I am wondering what would happen if..

However, I won't take the risk, definitely.
quote
MAB79


It actually matters to me since it means that they are still sending out offers with scholarships on Tuesday (not all in just one day). Also, I won't be hearing from NYU directly, so I need some hope that I may still get some financial assistance.


??? Does it matter? It seems that they just have released the acceptances of the applicants receiving a scholarship...for the rest of us, the answer could be sent now or within the next days!


I understand that. Thanks...

<blockquote>
It actually matters to me since it means that they are still sending out offers with scholarships on Tuesday (not all in just one day). Also, I won't be hearing from NYU directly, so I need some hope that I may still get some financial assistance.


<blockquote>??? Does it matter? It seems that they just have released the acceptances of the applicants receiving a scholarship...for the rest of us, the answer could be sent now or within the next days!</blockquote></blockquote>

I understand that. Thanks...
quote
MAB79

Hi,

Does anyone know exactly the consequences of accepting one offer to a school and then choosing another one? Besides from sending an email of dishonest behavior are there any other consequences?
thanks!


I doubt that anything would happen, because the hunt the best and if you're accepted in NYU and go to HLS although you have already confirmed your acceptance at NYU, trhen you just lose the 500 Dollar. All these schools are competitors and they'll do a lot to have the best candidates. so, beside making the "losing" uni mad, there should hardly be a possible consequence....

<blockquote>Hi,

Does anyone know exactly the consequences of accepting one offer to a school and then choosing another one? Besides from sending an email of dishonest behavior are there any other consequences?
thanks!</blockquote>

I doubt that anything would happen, because the hunt the best and if you're accepted in NYU and go to HLS although you have already confirmed your acceptance at NYU, trhen you just lose the 500 Dollar. All these schools are competitors and they'll do a lot to have the best candidates. so, beside making the "losing" uni mad, there should hardly be a possible consequence....
quote
j.a.

@centralbanker I was accepted to the LL.M Tax Program at NYU. My admission letter says that the seat deposit is $500. I am not sure if every program is the same.

Hope this helps!

- Josh
www.taxdocket.com


Thanks Josh! It did help.

<blockquote>@centralbanker I was accepted to the LL.M Tax Program at NYU. My admission letter says that the seat deposit is $500. I am not sure if every program is the same.

Hope this helps!

- Josh
www.taxdocket.com</blockquote>

Thanks Josh! It did help.
quote
j.a.

@ Awojc, does the offer e-mail say something about the consequences of accepting now and not effectively enrolling? U. Chicago expressly warns they would let other law schools and your recommenders know about your dishonest conduct.

A second question: is there any requirement for a deposit from NYU?

Thanks a lot.


But how can U. Chicago know which law schools you've applied/been admitted to?


Well, I suppose they can't. What they must do is report the fact to a pre-set group of law schools, for instance the top 10.

<blockquote><blockquote>@ Awojc, does the offer e-mail say something about the consequences of accepting now and not effectively enrolling? U. Chicago expressly warns they would let other law schools and your recommenders know about your dishonest conduct.

A second question: is there any requirement for a deposit from NYU?

Thanks a lot.</blockquote>

But how can U. Chicago know which law schools you've applied/been admitted to? </blockquote>

Well, I suppose they can't. What they must do is report the fact to a pre-set group of law schools, for instance the top 10.
quote

Reply to Post

Related Law Schools

New York City, New York 2163 Followers 1608 Discussions

Hot Discussions