Can people with 3.0 GPA get into LLM program of top law school

pippp
I'm interested in pursue my graduate study in IP law at UCLA, UCB or Cornell. However, my GPA is not high. Can 3-year work experience IP practice and personal statement compensate with my low GPA?

And I wanna know whether anyone with the similar profile can get accepted into any of the above-mentioned law schools.

Sharing of your experience regarding this matter is much appreciated.

Thanks!

[Edited by pippp on Mar 28, 2019]

I'm interested in pursue my graduate study in IP law at UCLA, UCB or Cornell. However, my GPA is not high. Can 3-year work experience IP practice and personal statement compensate with my low GPA?

And I wanna know whether anyone with the similar profile can get accepted into any of the above-mentioned law schools.

Sharing of your experience regarding this matter is much appreciated.

Thanks!
Mo.llm
I know someone who has a similar GPA and got into schools better than those you mentioned. While the GPA is an important factor that admission committees look closely at, it is still not a deal breaker if you have a great work experience, staggering letters of recommendation, and well-written personal statement. However, if you are a sponsored student you should not worry about any of this as universities here have become gold diggers and business-driven institutions.
I know someone who has a similar GPA and got into schools better than those you mentioned. While the GPA is an important factor that admission committees look closely at, it is still not a deal breaker if you have a great work experience, staggering letters of recommendation, and well-written personal statement. However, if you are a sponsored student you should not worry about any of this as universities here have become gold diggers and business-driven institutions.
pippp
Many thanks for your information!
Many thanks for your information!

Reply to Post

Related Law Schools

Los Angeles, California 604 Followers 316 Discussions
Berkeley, California 1057 Followers 542 Discussions
Ithaca, New York 440 Followers 303 Discussions

Related Articles

Are My Grades Good Enough for an LL.M.?

Mar 15, 2018

Having a stellar GPA may not be the only factor that will get you into a top LL.M. program.

More Articles

Hot Discussions