Bullying

Hi there,

I am enrolled in a LLM program for this academic year and have been facing bullying from other students. While informing the University of some acts and while it could not have gone unnoticed, the University does not resolve the situation: they say they cannot read the things I send, are unavailable for weeks, etc. Even worse, they throw out phrases that protect them and charge me like "you're stressed these days" which is even more destructive and makes them even more unhinged.

I'm in a tough spot since this has obviously affected my grades which have completely dropped between the beginning and end of the semester.

I was wondering if any people have been in this situation and have any advice on how to apply to other programs and continue my academic journey (needless to say, I am in a tough financial situation as a result).

Thank you,

[Edited by Lawstudent08 on Dec 14, 2022]

Hi there,<br><br>I am enrolled in a LLM program for this academic year and have been facing bullying from other students. While informing the University of some acts and while it could not have gone unnoticed, the University does not resolve the situation: they say they cannot read the things I send, are unavailable for weeks, etc. Even worse, they throw out phrases that protect them and charge me like "you're stressed these days" which is even more destructive and makes them even more unhinged.<br><br>
I'm in a tough spot since this has obviously affected my grades which have completely dropped between the beginning and end of the semester.<br><br>
I was wondering if any people have been in this situation and have any advice on how to apply to other programs and continue my academic journey (needless to say, I am in a tough financial situation as a result).<br><br>
Thank you,

Hi there,

I am enrolled in a LLM program for this academic year and have been facing bullying from other students. While informing the University of some acts and while it could not have gone unnoticed, the University does not resolve the situation: they say they cannot read the things I send, are unavailable for weeks, etc. Even worse, they throw out phrases that protect them and charge me like "you're stressed these days" which is even more destructive and makes them even more unhinged.

I'm in a tough spot since this has obviously affected my grades which have completely dropped between the beginning and end of the semester.

I was wondering if any people have been in this situation and have any advice on how to apply to other programs and continue my academic journey (needless to say, I am in a tough financial situation as a result).

Thank you,

Although I don’t have any advice related to the academic issues, I can only remind you that these situations are temporary and there are always solutions.
Chin up and remember that people that bully you are probably intimidated by you. 
From my experience talking  about what you are going through with close people can be extremely helpful. 
Wish you well!

[quote]Hi there,<br><br>I am enrolled in a LLM program for this academic year and have been facing bullying from other students. While informing the University of some acts and while it could not have gone unnoticed, the University does not resolve the situation: they say they cannot read the things I send, are unavailable for weeks, etc. Even worse, they throw out phrases that protect them and charge me like "you're stressed these days" which is even more destructive and makes them even more unhinged.<br><br>
I'm in a tough spot since this has obviously affected my grades which have completely dropped between the beginning and end of the semester.<br><br>
I was wondering if any people have been in this situation and have any advice on how to apply to other programs and continue my academic journey (needless to say, I am in a tough financial situation as a result).<br><br>
Thank you, [/quote]<br>
<div>Although I don’t have any advice related to the academic issues, I can only remind you that these situations are temporary and there are always solutions.
</div><div>Chin up and remember that people that bully you are probably intimidated by you.&nbsp;
</div><div>From my experience talking &nbsp;about what you are going through with close people can be extremely helpful.&nbsp;
</div><div>Wish you well!</div>

Although I don’t have any advice related to the academic issues, I can only remind you that these situations are temporary and there are always solutions.Chin up and remember that people that bully you are probably intimidated by you. 
From my experience talking  about what you are going through with close people can be extremely helpful. 
Wish you well!

Thank you for your kind message: it is much appreciated these days! :)

[quote]Although I don’t have any advice related to the academic issues, I can only remind you that these situations are temporary and there are always solutions.<div>Chin up and remember that people that bully you are probably intimidated by you.&nbsp;
</div><div>From my experience talking &nbsp;about what you are going through with close people can be extremely helpful.&nbsp;
</div><div>Wish you well!</div> [/quote]<br>Thank you for your kind message: it is much appreciated these days!&nbsp;:)
SHSH

I feel sorry for what you are going through. I can't believe grown-up people can be so childish as to bully some one. It must be hard for you but just try to ignore the bullies, they are not worth your time and energy. 
Hope you find the right people to hang out with and deserve you! I also can't believe how the university is handling things. Could you tell us the name(or at least initials) of the school? I would definitely avoid applying there. 

I feel sorry for what you are going through. I can't believe grown-up people can be so childish as to bully some one. It must be hard for you but just try to ignore the bullies, they are not worth your time and energy.&nbsp;<div><br></div><div>Hope you find the right people to hang out with and deserve you! I also can't believe how the university is handling things. Could you tell us the name(or at least initials) of the school? I would definitely avoid applying there.&nbsp;</div>

What did they do? Mind if you talk a bit about the details of what happened?1f974

What did they do? Mind if you talk a bit about the details of what happened?:woozy-face:

What did they do? Mind if you talk a bit about the details of what happened?1f974
Classic behaviors (or not):
- social isolation: constant demeaning and offensive remarks, so hard to make you avoid social events, or showing you that they are becoming close friends with anyone you would try to talk to;
- psychological terror: e.g. (i) one day, after I talked to a faculty member, one of them was just outside the office staring at me offensively, (ii) showing up at your residential building, (iii) wait for you when you leave uni or leaving at the same time, every day, just so you would notice them;
- teasing you just before classes or social events to support the fact that the problem is with you;
- doing everything in class to prevent you from listening ((accidentally, of course!) bumping your chair, banging things on the table, anything that might be disruptive): again, the problem has to be with you and your inability to cope with classes (they even mentioned alleged personal issues that I don't have)!!
Etc.

[Edited by Lawstudent08 on Dec 21, 2022]

[quote]What did they do? Mind if you talk a bit about the details of what happened?:woozy-face: [/quote]<div>Classic behaviors (or not):</div><br><div>- social isolation: constant demeaning and offensive remarks, so hard to make you avoid social events, or showing you that they are becoming close friends with anyone you would try to talk to;</div><br><div>- psychological terror: e.g. (i) one day, after I talked to a faculty member, one of them was just outside the office staring at me offensively,&nbsp;(ii) showing up at your residential building,&nbsp;(iii) wait for you when you leave uni or leaving at the same time, every day, just so you would notice them;</div><br><div>- teasing you just before classes or social events to support the fact that the problem is with you;</div><br><div>- doing everything in class to prevent you from listening ((accidentally, of course!) bumping your chair, banging things on the table, anything that might be disruptive): again, the problem has to be with you and your inability to cope with classes (they even mentioned alleged personal issues that I don't have)!!</div><br><div>Etc.</div>

I feel sorry for what you are going through. I can't believe grown-up people can be so childish as to bully some one. It must be hard for you but just try to ignore the bullies, they are not worth your time and energy. 
Hope you find the right people to hang out with and deserve you! I also can't believe how the university is handling things. Could you tell us the name(or at least initials) of the school? I would definitely avoid applying there. 

Thank you for your kind message and support 1f642 : all I can say is that I am neither on the East nor on the West coast...

[Edited by Lawstudent08 on Jan 03, 2023]

[quote]I feel sorry for what you are going through. I can't believe grown-up people can be so childish as to bully some one. It must be hard for you but just try to ignore the bullies, they are not worth your time and energy.&nbsp;<div><br></div><div>Hope you find the right people to hang out with and deserve you! I also can't believe how the university is handling things. Could you tell us the name(or at least initials) of the school? I would definitely avoid applying there.&nbsp;</div> [/quote]<br>Thank you for your kind message and support :slightly-smiling-face:&nbsp;: all I can say is that I am neither on the East nor on the West coast...<br>
Golden436

[Thank you for your kind message and support 1f642 : all I can say is that I am neither on the East nor on the West coast...

Have you gone outside of the law school to get support? Can you speak to the Dean of Students? You have rights and options. Your mental health is important. I would take temporary leave of absence from the program, if things do not improve. Grades matter in the legal profession, especially in the United States.

[Edited by Golden436 on Jan 03, 2023]

[quote][Thank you for your kind message and support :slightly-smiling-face:&nbsp;: all I can say is that I am neither on the East nor on the West coast...<br> [/quote]<br><br>Have you gone outside of the law school to get support? Can you speak to the Dean of Students? You have rights and options. Your mental health is important. I would take temporary leave of absence from the program, if things do not improve. Grades matter in the legal profession, especially in the United States.

I understand that now that I have informed of the situation, it is my sanity that is questioned... of course...
If someone has some advice on how to cope with the situation to just end this hellish year the least harmful way, I would sincerely appreciate!

[Edited by Lawstudent08 on Jan 11, 2023]

I understand that now that I have informed of the situation, it is my sanity that is questioned... of course...<br>If someone has some advice on how to cope with the situation to just end this hellish year the least harmful way, I would sincerely appreciate!<br>

Reply to Post