Hi. I want to be a lawyer, and have completed the LLB. I want to start the LPC, and think a degree tagged onto it both looks good and opens up student finance. I was interested in Sheffield and Cardiff as they're both Russell Group Universities. But Sheffield has a "MA in Legal Practice (Legal Practice Course)", while Cardiff has a "Legal Practice Course (LLM)".

Should I be worried about getting the Master of Arts instead of the Master of Law? Research tells me no, it doesn't matter where you get your LPC from (although I don't know if people providing a training contract would look favourably on a better uni than others), and the Masters is 1 essay at the end, tacked on for finance reasons. Sheffield is also cheaper.

But I have one of those annoying tiger parents who is dead-set on "LPC LLM". They of course have no legal experience, but they discredit private universities like BPP and UoL, using anecdotes and survivorship bias. Still, they will cover the fees, so I need them on board. Plus who knows, my future bosses might be of a similar mindset.