LLM in Maritime Law for seafarers

Hello all.

I am a seafarer planning to do LLM in maritime law. My doubt is whether the law schools accept the Certificate of Competency of a Master of a ship for the admission to the program without the sailing experience as a Master mariner?

I possess the CoC of a Master but am sailing as a Chief Officer for last 5 years.

Has anyone with the similar background got the admission in any of the law schools for the LLM in Maritime Law? I am mainly concentrating on the UK law schools.

Thanks in advance.
Hello all.

I am a seafarer planning to do LLM in maritime law. My doubt is whether the law schools accept the Certificate of Competency of a Master of a ship for the admission to the program without the sailing experience as a Master mariner?

I possess the CoC of a Master but am sailing as a Chief Officer for last 5 years.

Has anyone with the similar background got the admission in any of the law schools for the LLM in Maritime Law? I am mainly concentrating on the UK law schools.

Thanks in advance.
CC_Erika
Hi,

I went to Swansea University and did a Maritime LLM there. I had classmates in your position and background on my course, so I think it is possible. I suggest you email them and ask - i think their email is this one: llm@swansea.ac.uk. Or maybe you can email one of the professors on the course?

I hope that helps.
Hi,

I went to Swansea University and did a Maritime LLM there. I had classmates in your position and background on my course, so I think it is possible. I suggest you email them and ask - i think their email is this one: llm@swansea.ac.uk. Or maybe you can email one of the professors on the course?

I hope that helps.

Reply to Post

Related Articles

A Degree for the High Seas: A Look at Maritime LL.M.s

By Beina Xu on Jun 29, 2015

The LL.M. in Maritime Law

By V. Wish on Jan 26, 2009

More Articles

Related Top 10 Lists

More Top 10 Lists