Acceptance rate for Leiden & Geneva academy

PS-M
Now, I got offers from Essex, Durham and Bristol for LLM in Human rights. But, I heard that Leiden and Geneva academy are more reputation in this field than those universities.

So, I would like to ask you guys for acceptance rates for both universities.

Thank you in advance :)
Now, I got offers from Essex, Durham and Bristol for LLM in Human rights. But, I heard that Leiden and Geneva academy are more reputation in this field than those universities.

NapZ
I think it is fairly difficult to get in the Academy, but definitely not impossible.

HOWEVER, if you want to study Human Rights, I advise you not to attend the Academy. Its main focus is the law of armed conflicts, not Human Rights. They do have a focus on HR but its not their specialty. If you want to focus on HR I heard that Essex is good!
I think it is fairly difficult to get in the Academy, but definitely not impossible.

HOWEVER, if you want to study Human Rights, I advise you not to attend the Academy. Its main focus is the law of armed conflicts, not Human Rights. They do have a focus on HR but its not their specialty. If you want to focus on HR I heard that Essex is good!
PS-M
Thank you NapZ :)

Anyway, do you have any idea about Leiden?
Thank you NapZ :)

Anyway, do you have any idea about Leiden?
Hey, I am currently a Human Rights LLM student at Leiden University. The application process went really smooth for me, but I've heard the program is pretty competitive to get into. However, if you have some experience in human rights issues plus send a convincing statement of purpose, you're pretty much set to be accepted!!

I am really happy with the program here and would be happy to give you extra details if you're interested! Feel free to send me a personal message for further details. :)
Hey, I am currently a Human Rights LLM student at Leiden University. The application process went really smooth for me, but I've heard the program is pretty competitive to get into. However, if you have some experience in human rights issues plus send a convincing statement of purpose, you're pretty much set to be accepted!!

I am really happy with the program here and would be happy to give you extra details if you're interested! Feel free to send me a personal message for further details. :)

Hey PS-M. I'm interested in the same programs as you so I was hoping to get some advice. I was wondering if you could tell me why you chose to apply to programs at Essex and Bristol? I'm trying to add good human rights programs to my list (especially outside of London and other expensive cities).
[quote]Now, I got offers from Essex, Durham and Bristol for LLM in Human rights. But, I heard that Leiden and Geneva academy are more reputation in this field than those universities.

Thank you in advance :)[/quote]

Hey PS-M. I'm interested in the same programs as you so I was hoping to get some advice. I was wondering if you could tell me why you chose to apply to programs at Essex and Bristol? I'm trying to add good human rights programs to my list (especially outside of London and other expensive cities).
NapZ
I did not pay attention to what the original author said. If your main interest is HUMAN RIGHTS then I think Essex might be a (very) good choice. Not an expert but I think it is one of the best programs around in HR (you would have to double check). I don't know about the other programs though so I would guess there are other very good ones!

The Geneva Academy is mainly for the law of armed conflicts (IHL). It has a focus on Human Rights but I would recommend against going there if your main specialty is HR. Remember, the Geneva Academy is the Academy of IHL and HR (IHL comes first).

[Edited by NapZ on Mar 01, 2017]

I did not pay attention to what the original author said. If your main interest is HUMAN RIGHTS then I think Essex might be a (very) good choice. Not an expert but I think it is one of the best programs around in HR (you would have to double check). I don't know about the other programs though so I would guess there are other very good ones!

The Geneva Academy is mainly for the law of armed conflicts (IHL). It has a focus on Human Rights but I would recommend against going there if your main specialty is HR. Remember, the Geneva Academy is the Academy of IHL and HR (IHL comes first).

Reply to Post

Related Law Schools

Leiden, Netherlands 407 Followers 404 Discussions
Geneva, Switzerland 119 Followers 83 Discussions